PS3 game improvements?

Solitudinarian

Registered
Mar 21, 2006
Denver, CO
PS3 is undoubtedly going to be an outstanding and almost impossible to beat console when it is released, and will likely remain that way for several years. But what of the game content? Anticipation for such well known titles as: Tekken 6, Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4, and Motorstorm (just to name a few) is through the roof, but can this new system deliver anything new to the games themselves? Besides the enhanced graphics, what are we really getting for our money with a next gen console?

Don't get me wrong, I;m as jazzed about the PS3 as the next guy, but with the price of the unit and the games there has to be more to it than prettier pictures, what am I missing?

NOPE Not Gonna happen. This should be obvious to everyone that plays games. Nor Sony or Micosoft with there new systems is doing anything for gameplay but better grapichs and maybe online. And if that is the definition of ne-generation then it's only in the tech department. Nintendo is going next-gen as far as gameplay is concerned with the Wii. So I say no sony just wants to pack more power and tech into the system.

And if you think Sony will remain number one this time I honestly will doubt it. The 360 is doing fairly well and it might be able to take sony's crown here in america. Nintendo has almost everyone hyped about the Wii over in japan and over here and can't forget Europe. If Sony is losing some exclusive titles to Xbox that they should not be. And the Wii will have everyting to download since sliced bread. Price Sony lose to nintendo and probaly MS in that department. So I going to say it's up in the air this go round. Sony me still take the crown at the end. But as Linkin Park Said In the End it dosent' even matter.

This may sound silly, but I’m beginning to wonder if the PS3 even really exists. It’s starting to feel like the whole Phantom fiasco. All the public has seen is pre-rendered CG movies and I find it hard to believe that any finalized development kits are even out there for developers, especially with all the hoopla about Sony having to reconfigure the internal components of the console in order to keep the system from being gargantuan in size. I dunno, I’ll be happy if Sony decides to finally include anti-aliasing as a feature in one of their consoles.

Ninja_Bee said:
This may sound silly, but I’m beginning to wonder if the PS3 even really exists. It’s starting to feel like the whole Phantom fiasco. All the public has seen is pre-rendered CG movies and I find it hard to believe that any finalized development kits are even out there for developers, especially with all the hoopla about Sony having to reconfigure the internal components of the console in order to keep the system from being gargantuan in size. I dunno, I’ll be happy if Sony decides to finally include anti-aliasing as a feature in one of their consoles.
True, just like the KillZone video they pawned off on us last year at E3, only to find out it was indeed a render, not something that was played on the new console...

I really want to see a PS3 plugged up and someone playing it, then I'll be a true believer...

This happens with most of the upcoming consoles. They give you a date when their due, just to put it off because of problems with the system that need to be fixed. I'd rather wait for a good working system than to have my adapter burn out (remember the PS2 slim), or not being able to access online due to server issues with the new console.
Besides, I'm still playing good games I've never seen for my current console....so I can wait.

PowerPaul said:
This happens with most of the upcoming consoles. They give you a date when their due, just to put it off because of problems with the system that need to be fixed. I'd rather wait for a good working system than to have my adapter burn out (remember the PS2 slim), or not being able to access online due to server issues with the new console.
Besides, I'm still playing good games I've never seen for my current console....so I can wait.

Huzzah, a rational human. There are built it problems associated with a system like this (overheating, backwards compatibility, so on), so I think I can hold off until those kind of problems have been resolved. Besides, if the PS2 is still going to be releasing killer games well into next year (God of War 2), what's the rush?