PS3 at the end of its life?

Picaleto

Registered
Sep 21, 2015
I've been considering buying a PS3 so I can play some of the games my friends are playing (namely FIFA 16) although I fear the PS3 is near the end of its product life. It's becoming relatively old and I see Sony soon moving their focus entirely to the PS4. Is this an irrational fear given the huge numbers still using a PS3, or should I save for a PS4 instead?

I have a PS3, I bought one recently for £15. That is really cheap and so I would say yes the PS3 is getting near the end of its life and I wouldn't expect to see any additional games coming out for the PS3 in the future.

That being said the PS3 is a great platform and I bought it so I could pick up the PS3 exclusives that I never had the opportunity to play on my Xbox 360. Honestly it depends on how much disposable income you have and how much you care about playing the newest games in a higher quality.

Damn that's cheap, I've been looking more around the £75 mark. I suppose I should spend some more time searching around. I'm not entirely bothered about new releases, although keeping up with social pressures is a must. Thanks for your advice.

Damn that's cheap, I've been looking more around the £75 mark. I suppose I should spend some more time searching around. I'm not entirely bothered about new releases, although keeping up with social pressures is a must. Thanks for your advice.

I got mine second hand and from the internet, it was all local and I went to collect it so thats added to how cheap I was able to get it for. I have mainly just been borrowing games from my PS3 playing friends but in time I will pick up the more exclusive titles. I wouldn't expect to see any new releases or much more support but if you plan on playing offline and single player games I would say go for it.

I have a PS3, I bought one recently for £15. That is really cheap and so I would say yes the PS3 is getting near the end of its life and I wouldn't expect to see any additional games coming out for the PS3 in the future.

That being said the PS3 is a great platform and I bought it so I could pick up the PS3 exclusives that I never had the opportunity to play on my Xbox 360. Honestly it depends on how much disposable income you have and how much you care about playing the newest games in a higher quality.

I would say that you really got lucky by getting the Ps3 for such an amount. Iean that it is really possible to have purchased the game console for a higher amount of money and knowing that you paid just €15 has gone a long way to show that you got it at a bargain. I don't also feel that it is at the end of its life as well.

We have a 3 and a 4 - and we still use the 3! They are an aging system, but ours was always well taken care of and still works like a charm.

I have a ps2 and a ps3 and I'm still playing both there are still many ps3 games which are being played by a lot of people like Batman:Arkham City, Grand Theft Auto 5, Metal Gear 4, God of War 3, Devil May Cry and others. I don't think that it would become obsolete soon.IMG_20180611_201522_880.jpg

The PlayStation 3 is already 13 years old now and I heard Sony is planning on taking away support from both the PS4 and PS3 in a few years from now.

Nothing lasts forever as long as upgrades keeps coming out. To be honest, I never liked Playstation 3 that very much, so I never felt it. But you see my Playstation 4, it's going to hurt like hell.

I've been considering buying a PS3 so I can play some of the games my friends are playing (namely FIFA 16) although I fear the PS3 is near the end of its product life. It's becoming relatively old and I see Sony soon moving their focus entirely to the PS4. Is this an irrational fear given the huge numbers still using a PS3, or should I save for a PS4 instead?

There is always an end to any other console that have been produced and released for gamers to play their video game with, and it's exactly what happened with PlayStation 3 with the release of Playstation 4. Now, we have PlayStation 5 and we are definitely going to see PlayStation 6 tomorrow in the future.