Prison Architect

kittyworker

Registered
Jan 2, 2015
Anyone given this game a try?

In terms of simulation game it's really unique. You run a prison, build it from the ground up and make your own decisions how well treated your prisoners get. The game has been in alpha for sometime, however it is regularly updated monthly and the developers even take the time to do a video which is actually great viewing!

I play it on and off and love it. I find its quite a good game to play on my laptop when away from home as well.

It's a really decent simulation/tycoon game. I have played it for a few days and now I'm waiting for it to be properly released.

My first playthrough was kind of brutal because I failed to feed the inmates properly and they died in droves, while my second playthrough ended abruptly after a prison riot. It's a good advice to invest early in tazers and body armor.

I can't wait for the full release, more now that they're introducing new types of unique (aka "legendary") inmates.

It's one of the few Early Access games done right on Steam with loads of feedback and developer interaction with alpha players. Plenty of constant updates/improvements being introduced. It went to 5 dollars during the Winter Sale, definitely worth the money.

(Also if you pay a little extra you get to name and describe your own prisoner for the game. A simple way to leave your legacy behind in a great game. How awesome is that)

I've played it for a couple of days.

At first, I found it difficult. (I actually had trouble building anything because I always forgot putting Foundation!) However, as I played more, I found it easier. And a heck more fun. I'm waiting for a big update to make it less buggy, though.

Wow I did not know about this game until this thread. It looks like a very neat game. I am not sure who ever has the urgency to build their own prison but for sure this game is very unique indeed.