Post-apocalyptic Fallout 3

TheBananaGuy

Registered
Nov 6, 2014
fallout_3__vault_boy_by_samenike-d5po0ky.png

Fallout 3

Looky looky, you got yourself blown into pieces! How sad. :( A gaming forum with no thread about this fantastic game is no gaming forum! What's your take on the series? Have you played the older 2D versions Fallout 1 & 2? I, personally, LOVE and still play this game with a different view on things from time to time. However, can not force myself to be the 'bad guy', whose karma is always negative. One of the hardest decisions to make was whether I should blow Megaton or not. Blew it up once and regretted my decision for the rest of the game with that character.

Legendary game! Really appreciate the work developers have put into this game. Even though this game's graphics are getting a lil' old, it still delivers a satisfying experience every time. It maintains a post-apocalyptic atmosphere throughout the whole game, no matter if you're in ghoul infested metro tunnels, mutant crowded DC Square or just in a friendly Megaton city (blew the shit out of that one). Overall I give it a strong 9/10!

While I concur that the graphics are not that impressive, like they were 5 years ago, this game satisfies my needs to roam around a radiation infested USA and blow people's head off!:D Oh, and what's your opinion on the older 2D versions of the game? :)

Haven't played neither the 1st nor the 2nd Fallout, sadly. And I can't force myself to play them, too, because of the time issues, and... come on, let's be honest... That game looks really bad.

It's not bad! Not at all. Unless you're talking about the visual aspect, in which case - yes, it does, but that's not the point! You mentioned that you liked the post-apocalyptic atmosphere in the F3, yeah? Well in the older games it's MUCH more.. intense and 'heavy'. Catch my drift?

TheBananaGuy, I play my games for fun and when it's TOO immersive, it can get quite depressing fast, but thanks for the advice, will think about it. ;)

gamergod88, it is worth BUYING. Check Steam or some other retail store, you should absolutely find a good deal there.

Gravis, you can't say that you've played F3 if you haven't played it's ancestors F1 and F2! Check it asap. ;)

i liked 3 way better than new vegas. am i alone in that?

also, i never did play the originals. i know that makes me akin to hitler.

Well, Fallout3 was much more atmospheric and the ammunition, armor etc. was really scarce, where in New Vegas you got into the role of a courier, who already knows how's shit done, so... Two different, yet very similiar games. And no, Grizz, it doesn't make you akin to hitler, but you're missing out. ;)

i think it was a story problem for me. i just felt like 3's story made just need to know what happens next. With NV, i feel like im just combing the desert at random, and oh btw, kill this one guy.

like, one is about changing the future of mankind (not war obviously!) and you find your long lost dad, you stop an entire legion of bad guys and its a moral victory.

with NV, its just a revenge movie, and a bad one at that.

its not like borderlands 2 where you reaaaaally wanna kill handsome jack the whole time.

I like the NV more. I liked, that there was no need to go do that and that. I liked, that I had the ability to wander whenever I wanted (Quarry Junction... Not the best place. 0/10 would not return) and I could've associate my future with any of the groups in the burnt out Wasteland.

omg that deathclaw boss......*shiver*

to me, that seemed like too much exploration. i say exploration, because anything larger seems like wandering, which implies no real direction. I like direction in my games. Though it does need to be a balance of freedom vs purpose.

but in NV, whats the motivation after killing benny? hes not even the end boss or anything.

buying this game tommorow, gameplay looks so fun!! you can replay it often too, yeah? cant wait!

omg that deathclaw boss......*shiver*

to me, that seemed like too much exploration. i say exploration, because anything larger seems like wandering, which implies no real direction. I like direction in my games. Though it does need to be a balance of freedom vs purpose.

but in NV, whats the motivation after killing benny? hes not even the end boss or anything.

our opinions differ from here. I LOVE wandering. I loved trying to get into Nellis air force base without getting blown up into pieces. My motivation playing after killing that sob Benny was just getting rich af and developing certain relationships with Wasteland's groups and gangs.

thanks, I'm really intrigued! got any tips for a begginer, trying his luck in messed up society with a new world order? :D

SAVE AMMO. Save ammo, save ammo. That was my first mistake when I started playing - I underestimated the importance of melee weapons, especialy on all sorts of bugs. Save that ammo for humans, mutants and radioactive ghouls, who would like a piece of your precious skin. ;) I'm envying you right now that you're about to experience the best time of your gaming ife...

I'll be really naive and hope that they will do a sequel, Bethesda being the developer. Imagine Fallout 4 with good ragdoll physics and normal graphics... Now wouldn't that be effin amazing?!

can not force myself to be the 'bad guy', whose karma is always negative.

This, and so many times this! I LOVED Fallout 3 and I have played through the game many times. I loved making different choices in the game, and it was such an immersive experience for me. I, like yourself, never wanted to be the bad guy and have negative karma. The worst thing I did in the game, karma-wise, was steal bottle-caps and stuff like that from people's homes. I didn't want blowing up Megaton, but I did it in only one of my play-throughs, all others were good karma. One of my favorite games, definitely, even better than New Vegas, in my opinion.

What's your favorite DLC, if you've played them? Mine is Point Lookout. Maybe we have the same opinion about that, too.