Possible Xbox 360 buyer.

Nick2444

Registered
Jun 18, 2006
Hello, forum posters.

I am considering of asking for an Xbox 360 for Christmas this year, but what I would like to know is what accessories I should purchase or ask for with it. I know I should get an external hard drive, but if you all could give me other suggestions I would appreciate it.

Suggestions of games would also be appreciated. Thank you.

well for accesories you'll really need is 4 controllers and if your planing on getting Xbox live, a headset would be perfect, but there is the games. the #1 game comming out for 360 is Gears of War, thats going to be a definate "must buy" but there's also "Call of duty 3." bioshock," ( at least i think thats comming out.) "lost planet" (still not sure if thats comming out as well) "rainbow 6 vegas" had a good demo, should be a good game. there's also that games that are out now that are good, " Dead Rising, tomclancy advance warfighter, call of duty 2( but there's no sense in getting that when 3 is right aroung the corner,) Saints row, etc.

You don't need an external hard drive. Unless you mean the premium ($400) 360. The Premium 360 comes with a hard drive and headset, so you've gotta get that.

Best accessories are the battery packs for the wireless controllers:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802270

As for games...best single player games are Dead Rising and Oblivion. Best multiplayer games are GRAW and DOA4. But really, you should hit up the demo download before you start buying games.

Yes, the premium bundle was the one I was going to ask for. It was going to be the only thing I asked for..it will cause a lot of haggling this Christmas, that much I know.

Demo download? Oh, through the Xbox Live Service, yes?

Do you use this wireless adaptor that this offered for the Xbox 360? I've heard it works well, but I wanted to know if you had any direct experience with it.

Thank you for answering my questions, by the way. :)

Grantastic85 said:
well for accesories you'll really need is 4 controllers and if your planing on getting Xbox live, a headset would be perfect, but there is the games. the #1 game comming out for 360 is Gears of War, thats going to be a definate "must buy" but there's also "Call of duty 3." bioshock," ( at least i think thats comming out.) "lost planet" (still not sure if thats comming out as well) "rainbow 6 vegas" had a good demo, should be a good game. there's also that games that are out now that are good, " Dead Rising, tomclancy advance warfighter, call of duty 2( but there's no sense in getting that when 3 is right aroung the corner,) Saints row, etc.

Ahh..BioShock. I can't wait to get my hands on that one. I've heard a lot about Gears of War but I'm not entirely sure what it's about. I should try digging out that PSM Issue that talked about it.

Speaking, loosely, of the Playstation I'm wondering there will be an release of God of War 2 for the 360 anytime soon.

Anyway, yes, Bioshock is coming out about spring time next year. A long wait, but it looks like it'll be worth it. I love the intro; so many good lines in that.

I haven't, I know somebody who does and he says it is decent (the wireless network adapter). But it's $100. It's only really worth it if you definitely can't get the cord over to the 360 and have a really awesome router. Otherwise you should just get a 50 ft cord and some masking tape. IMO, it isn't worth it.

And yeah, you should get a year card for Xbox Live Gold:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=790006

There is no frickin way God of War could EVER come to the 360. Ever. No chance. It's published by SCEA.

i'd go with the wireless version, unless you wanna skank up your house with lan cable running down the hallways. (i guess you could go under a crawlspace like cable tv does, depending on your setup)

or buy a wii for cheaper and it has wireless allready

Or he could just put the 360 next to the router and hook it up. That way, he can actually PLAY THE GAMES without the stupifying amounts of lag you get from wireless connectivity.