Possible Elder Scrolls for Next-Gen?

Rocky55119

Registered
Jan 2, 2015
Hello.

I know many gamers here can agree that the Elder Scrolls series (skyrim,oblivion) was one that will never be forgotten and was overall an amazing series. However, its the next generation consoles, and an elder scrolls has not been released yet.

What do you guys think about a possible Elder Scrolls for the next generation consoles? I can see how it is definitely contradictory, as *spoiler alert* you must kill Alduin at the end of the main story line. *spoiler alert ended*

I can agree Skyrim was an amazing game... but should Bethesda make a new Elder Scrolls with a further continued story line, OR remake Skyrim for the new consoles? Let me know what you think down below, and as always, slay dragons, dovahkiin.

I think a completely new Elder Scrolls would be amazing. I know for a fact that Bethesda is working on the next Fallout, so we will definitely get to see what they can do on the net-gen front (which I'm sure will be amazing). I think there is a better chance or a new Elder Scrolls over a remake of Skyrim.

Er, have you all not heard or seen Elder Scrolls Online?! This is what Bethesda has been working on primarily since the last DLC for Skyrim was made accessible. Although some people have mentioned it's not as in-depth in game play as Skyrim or previous Elder Scrolls games, it's still a good game overall.

Elder Scrolls Online is coming to consoles June 9th, according to some Googling. Also, I've heard as well that Bethesda is working on the new Fallout installment. I really would like to see a new Elder Scrolls for offline play as well, but I don't know how long we'll be waiting, considering they are going to be dropping ESO so soon. I also really hope Elder Scrolls Online delivers, considering I've heard some potentially unsettling rumors. Some speculation was that they would do away with the monthly fee, essentially making it a "freemium" game, which I would foresee them to be smart enough to steer clear of. Also, I had heard instead of removing the monthly fee, that they may keep it and try to offer items for in-game sale, although supposedly not ridiculously overpowered. Regardless of what happens with Elder Scrolls Online, I still can't wait for new Fallout!

Elder Scrolls Online is a steaming pile of crap as far as most people are concerned. It's almost a certainty that a new Elder Scrolls will be released for the PS4/Xbox One, and the same goes for Fallout 4. Bethesda has kept mum on the subject, and it's not that big of a deal that they're leaving everyone in the dark. We all know what's coming...eventually.

ESO does not deliver the core elder scrolls experience, AFAIK. It's another MMO with a monthly fee and a steep price. Not impressed.

Skyrim was the first Elder Scrolls game I played, and was VERY impressed. Can't wait for ES6.

It wouldn't make any sense for Bethesda to not continue the series. In fact, I think they might be working on the next Elder Scrolls game right now. I'd really like to see a game in which you can explore the entire region of Tamriel.

It might be a while cause ESO was a huge hit on them honestly. Both resources and manpower. They may recover with their other games but who knows how much the revenue can differentiate the cost of ESO atm.