PC Gaming Dead? Lol

PC has been, is, and always will be the future of gaming. With way more powerful components and way better graphics, it blows consoles out of the water. Still, it's understandable why console users prefer what they prefer.

Pc gaming master race isnt it? No the fact that you can play the same games on the same beast without having to upgrade that much rather than buying a new xbox of $500 dollar or how much it costs will mean it will grow much larger. Also you can do so much more with a pc (Dont even get me started about free games :p)

I agree with most here have already said. PC will never die and eventually people will catch on and get tired of having to upgrade to the nex gen consoles and drop another 700 bucks for it. Just upgrade your PC. It be cheaper and it has multi usage.

And you can build your own PC. You can get exactly what you want. The prices of consoles these days, makes building a PC look pretty attractive.

I'd rather play on my computer anyway.

I buy consoles for the exclusives and to collect physical copies of games I want to personally own. I upgrade my PC for literally everything else.

There is merit to console gaming for the average person. There's less work, money, and time involved and sometimes you just want to sit down and shoot some people over a game of Halo or something. There is no standard for what a PC is. You can upgrade it, give it any OS you want, mod the crap out of the games with the right know how, etc, etc so it's a bit absurd to say PC gaming is dead for any reason. At the end of the day a console is just a static PC so I've always found it weird that in some communities you can find this divide between PC gamers and console gamers. We don't call ourselves Steam gamers or Origin gamers if we play on a PC.

PC gaming is the cream of the crop. With a PC we have so many advantages of a console. If the game "skips" "studders" or loads to slow we have the ability to upgrade our PC to combat these issues. A lot of gaming consoles do not always come with this ability.

I have over 250 Offline games on my computer and 20 online P2P games installed on my computer. I am members of gaming communities and gaming platforms online that help to enhance my game play on most of my games. I think by far PC gamine is much better than console gaming.

The only console I would buy at this point would be a virtual gaming console that allows you to feel pain and play in a 3D virtual world in a P2P environment. OMG could you imagine a DotA 2 Virtual game I would totally buy that stuff.

I don't want to sound like one of those "PC-Gaming Master race" types, but I think it's pretty clear that PC gaming will always have an advantage over consoles, seeing that the new "generation" of consoles comes every 6 or 7 or so years, whilst a new and more powerful PC comes out almost every day. It's hard to compete with that. Besides I think that consoles and PCs cover different parts of the gaming market. There's overlap, sure, there always will be, but in my experience there's a very big difference between the average PC gamer and the average console gamer. Just my 2 cents.

PC has been, is, and always will be the future of gaming. With way more powerful components and way better graphics, it blows consoles out of the water. Still, it's understandable why console users prefer what they prefer.

I think mobile games are more of a threat/hinderance to PC games than consoles are. In general, to make a console game port to PC or the other way around isn´t all that complicated and is becoming easier and easier to do. The main expense of making games is graphics, and those can be shared.

My concern, as a developer is that amount of artwork that is being created to be ´mobile friendly´. Mobile games are easier to make, cheaper to make and many developers and artists are just devoting their time to mobile, which takes away talent from high-end graphic games.

As a person who loves PC games who also understands the development process, I think mobile will hurt PC game development much more than consoles will.

I feel like PC will always be more ubiquitous than any console. With a console, all it is is a media and entertainment center. You play games, you watch Netflix, you buy more games. Mostly everyone owns a computer capable of gaming. With a PC, you can do essentially all that stuff, and more. Since you're already using for school and work, you already have a gaming platform. Also, as other posters have said, it's much more customizable since you can build your own.