One Game You're Most Addicted To?

WoW. Even though I mostly walked away from it, I still can't completely get away from that game. Torchlight's pretty time consuming as well and so is Pokemon. I'm almost afraid to touch Skyrim because I know how addicting it is for people...

It's FIFA for me. I'm a pretty big football (or soccer, depending on where you're from) fan so it's a pretty cool way to enjoy the sport in a different way. It's easy to get your head around but pretty difficult to master so you can invest quite a lot of time into it but still not feel like you're the best. The Ultimate Team and the online seasons modes are also pretty great and help diversify the experience beyond just playing one off games again and again.
I have lost count of the amount of hours I have put into the FIFA series through the years. FIFA 96 revolutionized my world and I have been addicted to the series ever since. The addition of Ultimate Teams has taken this addiction to a whole new level though.

As many hours as I have put into FIFA, I have probably put just as many hours into the Football Manager series. Pretty much all my free time for the past month has been spent playing Football Manager 2015.

League of Legends. I started around 2012, season 2 I believe. A lot has changed over the years, especially the popularity. When I played, there was definitely less than 50,000 viewers on tournament streams, but now, it attracts over 100k viewers, and over a million viewers during big tournaments. I've met many friends through my experiences on League and still play a couple games each day. My addiction to League has definitely decreased, but I still enjoy it very much.

Dota 2. It's just so addicting, and in a little over a year is my most played game of all time. It's insanely competitive, can be the most rewarding and most soulcrushing game ever, yet I can't keep myself from coming back to it with my friends.

dota 2.jpg

By far my most addictive game is DotA 2. The adrenaline, the excitement, the rush of teamwork and the disappointment of defeat. DotA is a great team game where anything can and will happen, where a sure lost game could easily be turned into a victory. I have seen and played some amazing games. I have seen people do things that you would think were not possible. The amount of intelligence and strategy put into this game is pretty astounding. The skill you need to be a winner is also pretty amazing. The pressure you get from your teammates can be a bit overwhelming especially if you pick a carry and can not be the carry you need to be for your team. But overall I spend more tim on Dota than any other game I have.

In addition DotA also has a tournament where your team, if victorious, could win a lot of money even up to $250,000.00 dollars each in international tournaments. That always makes you want to stand out and be one of the best of the best, in hopes you play with one of the big guilds who ask you to join them for the tournament.

Mine would have to be Age of Empires 3. I have played Age of Empires ever since I was a kid, and with the very first games I was hooked for life! There is just so much strategy and other thinking that goes into these games that makes me never want to stop playing. Overall, it's a ton of fun and I really like the game. :)

I talk about this game everytime I'm talking to someone, whether is online or in person, Dragon Age. I LOVE their in-depths, both for the games and the books. The books just adds more background to some characters, whether they're people that are minute at the time and play a part of something bigger later on or if the characters that you travel with and learned all that they didn't tell you in the games.

Aside from the story, the characters are fleshed out and have personalities that clash with others. Not everyone in your group is going to get along like everything is a bed of roses. They're going to disagree and hate one another for some reason, while others agree with select members of the group for another reason.

Final Fantasy and Sonic The Hedgehog.

I got so involved into them. Nothing could separate me. Sonic games were amazing to young me and everything was about how fast can I go? As for the FF series, I loved that there were so many and each with their own stories and depth.

Right now, I'm really addicted to Skyrim. I keep playing it on and off. For example, I'll be really obsessed with the game for a few weeks. Then, I'll lose interest and play something else for a while. All of a sudden, I'll miss playing the game and start a new adventure on it all over again. There's so much to do in this game that it feels like time flies when I start playing. You can even mod the game to make it look better. The option of adding mods is just the icing on the cake. The main storyline took me a month to finish because I kept getting sidetracked and exploring the lands of Skyrim. It's definitely a game worth getting!

Unity3D.. not a game, but a game engine. There is so much to learn I seem to always be putzing around with some script or messing with making an animation or particle effect.

View attachment 31

By far my most addictive game is DotA 2. The adrenaline, the excitement, the rush of teamwork and the disappointment of defeat. DotA is a great team game where anything can and will happen, where a sure lost game could easily be turned into a victory. I have seen and played some amazing games. I have seen people do things that you would think were not possible. The amount of intelligence and strategy put into this game is pretty astounding. The skill you need to be a winner is also pretty amazing. The pressure you get from your teammates can be a bit overwhelming especially if you pick a carry and can not be the carry you need to be for your team. But overall I spend more tim on Dota than any other game I have.

In addition DotA also has a tournament where your team, if victorious, could win a lot of money even up to $250,000.00 dollars each in international tournaments. That always makes you want to stand out and be one of the best of the best, in hopes you play with one of the big guilds who ask you to join them for the tournament.
I've played the first Dota once or twice and I kind of understood the rush but not to the extent of some of my friends, but recently I've been getting into a simpler MOBA that's made for tablets which is a bit more small scale and up to my pace and it's made me understand the love for this genre a whole lot more. I'm even hoping to get to try Dota 2 now once I get a new laptop or desktop.

I've played the first Dota once or twice and I kind of understood the rush but not to the extent of some of my friends, but recently I've been getting into a simpler MOBA that's made for tablets which is a bit more small scale and up to my pace and it's made me understand the love for this genre a whole lot more. I'm even hoping to get to try Dota 2 now once I get a new laptop or desktop.

Yea The first Dota is very different from DotA 2, what used to be DotA pros in Dota 1 are sometimes not so pro in Dota 2. DotA 2 helped get rid of a lot of newbie mistakes , I hated I literally HATED all the different hotkey for each hero in dota 1, that had to be the most annoying thing ever, and now you dont need a 3rd part program like DotA Hotkeys because you can assign all your hotkey exactly how you want. I think now on DotA you hyave a lot more game time than trying to figure things out with each hero. Its nice to be able to play a different hero and know exactly where you skills are.

For me, it's going to have to be Super Mario Sunshine: I've had so many childhood memories with this game (me and my sister literally used to take turns playing, and we both got emotional at the ending), and in my opinion it's one game that just never gets old for me! I can't remember the amount of times I've restarted the game just to experience the thrill of Mario cleaning up Delfino Island, defeating Bowser Jr., and then finally Bowser to save Princess Peach! There are so many great characters too, and I think Nintendo took a really creative choice by adding "FLUDD" to the game; although FLUDD is the water-gun that Mario uses to clean up the island, he ends up being Mario's sole companion by the end! Oh and if you have Action Replay, your really going to enjoy this game because there are so many glitches and cheats that you can add in to make the game more fun (Hint, I recommend enabling the Moonwalk MOD, it'll make Mario's air jumps last longer!) Anyways, just wanted to know: What is one game that your addicted to? :)
That would be Call of duty-Advanced Warfare.I can't seem to get enough of it.The virtual elements are just absolutely stunning and the gaming experience is just awesome.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive. I've just started playing it 2 months ago and I really love it. The reason I'm addicted to it because of the skins of the guns. I play because I want to earn a drop of case or skins. I wasted a lot of money actually.

For me it's always been Street Fighter. I am so addicted to Street Fighter that I had to play every single one that has been released (including the "Vs" series) at least once. I got into Street Fighter lore pretty heavy as well. So not only was I on the hunt for the next Street Fighter game, but I was on the lookout for the next movie or comic book. I just found out Street Fighter V is on the way, so I'll be having a new favorite addiction.

The one game that I am addicted to and I think that I will be addicted to until the new one comes out has to be GTA 5. That game is one game that I just cannot get enough of. I think it is because there is just so much things that you are able to do in the game.

Yea The first Dota is very different from DotA 2, what used to be DotA pros in Dota 1 are sometimes not so pro in Dota 2. DotA 2 helped get rid of a lot of newbie mistakes , I hated I literally HATED all the different hotkey for each hero in dota 1, that had to be the most annoying thing ever, and now you dont need a 3rd part program like DotA Hotkeys because you can assign all your hotkey exactly how you want. I think now on DotA you hyave a lot more game time than trying to figure things out with each hero. Its nice to be able to play a different hero and know exactly where you skills are.
Wow and I already found the first one to be intimidating, but I'm sure I'll be able to pick it up once I start playing. I gather from what you're saying that this new one is much easier to handle? I've seen glimpses of it and I can't help but feel I still like the look of the first one though.

I'm obsessed with the Tekken, Dance Central, Kingdom Hearts, Persona and Final Fantasy series. The Tekken series continue to evolve throughout the years and I'd be there buying every game, getting ready for the next tournament. I'm so in love with Kingdom Hearts. Sora is so adorable. This series just keeps getting better. I've been picky with Final Fantasy though. I didn't own every game Square made. My first was FF8 (love Rinoa and Squall) then FFX, FFX-2, FFXIII and Lightning Returns. I've tried FFXII as well and I would like to own FF7 and FF9 in the future. I'll always love the summons, the scenery, the gorgeous characters and the songs of this series. FFXII took a while to get used to and LR was more fun than FFXIII (FFXII-2 and the online games were skipped). Even though people hated it, I loved the fast paced battle engine of FFX-2 and the fact this sequel brought back Tidus to Yuna (To me, the sound file (Will) on the HD Remaster disc didn't exist). I love Atlus. I love Persona 3 to death (sequel to save the MC Atlus!) and Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked. If I wasn't a girl, I'd buy Catherine. I saw the whole thing on youtube up to the several endings...it was funny and interesting (Love is Over hehe, protagonist in his boxers, scary and lots of sheep!). I'd buy it to try the puzzle/tower gameplay but I figured it'd be awkward to play in front of my parents. Dance Central...oh how I love you and all your three installments but not Spotlight so I switched to Fantasia. I still love you Harmonix!

I wouldn't say I'm addicted to any one game as I never allow myself much time to game but when I start getting into Sims 3, I immerse in it and can lose track of time sometimes.

I actually never really had a game that I got addicted to, and I'm not sure I ever will. I love games too much, I just can't stick to one single game. I've played alot of WoW in the past though, and ALOT of Counter-Strike.