Older Gamers

Zyni

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
Do you play with any older gamers? Like, do you raid or PvP with any older people on your team? I know some people think it's weird, but why shouldn't older people play? It's fun, and if they can keep up and not hold back the team, why not?

Does age matter to you at all?

It doesn't matter to me at all. Personally, I prefer to play with people I know IRL over anyone. If I don't have anyone in real life to play with, then I don't care, as long as they act mature when I play with them.

What is consider 'older' to you, by the way..lol. I'm turning 29 this weekend, and I wasn't sure if I fit under that category just yet. I don't feel old at all, but I've definitely played a lot of games with people a lot younger than me.

Age doesn't matter to me as long as they're mature, and they can contribute to the team. Maturity is one thing that is pretty important to me when playing with other people, because if they aren't mature, then it's just distracting. I don't really see why people would turn away from older players, that just seems almost rude. I could see why if they're competitive, but at least give a chance, a lot of people can impress you if you just give them a chance.

Older gamers can play whatever they want and it doesn't matter what age they are. As long as we can help each other I'm fine with whom ever I am playing with. I just don't like young gamers that haven't reached puberty yet. They can compromise your team and they always are whining. Granted some gamers that are 12 and below are cool and can be beneficial to you.

Age doesn't matter for gamers, because if you have fun playing games you shouls play them, that's it. I don't care if someone I play games with is 95 years old or 7, if they're fun to be playing with it's fun. Although I don't mind playing games with older gamers, I never played any video games with someone older than 35 years, so I can't really give my true opinion about any older gamers.

Doesn't matter to me, at all. I've played co-op and multi-player, with voice chat, with a friend who is around 30 years old. So, he's around 10 years older than me, still doesn't pose a problem. Age doesn't matter unless you are 14, and he's a 25-60 year old pedophile, who gets off at hearing your voice.

I play CSGO with randoms, so I don't even know their age. If I do know or they tell, I don't think I change my opinion about them. Just because they're old doesn't mean they can't enjoy or be good at the game.

I prefer "older gamers" (as in anything from 20 and up) actually, I like a mature environment. The oldest gamers I've met are around 45 and they were all great gaming friends. Being 23 myself I've kind of outgrown the stereotypical fifteen year old gamer and I'm kinda glad we're all growing up.

Age is a factor that I really don't mind in video games. As long as they're a good sport and don't mess things up or make the game hard to play, I really don't care about age. I do prefer to play with people closer to my age group though. It just feels more natural since we have more in common and there isn't an giant age gap.

Well, as an older gamer, I'd like to say that age shouldn't matter - although in games like WoW when running a dungeon with a random group, I often get frustrated by the passions of younger players. They often have no patience, and will get mean if they think you're not keeping up with them (even if it's my first time and I'm there specifically to upgrade my gear). I joined a guild with mostly adult players and I much prefer running dungeons with them.

Do you guys really think age doesn't matter? I notice large maturity gaps between different games and a strong correlation between the average age of players and my enjoyment of the game. I've found that there's way more angry teenagers than angry 25 year olds, so while individually a 15 year old can be great company age still matters statistically.

Reactions: Zyni
@dpatel they say the average age of gamers is like 30, so I meant older than that. Plus, I see more and younger gamers every day (who probably think I'm ancient, being in my 40's).

@Klein agreed. I prefer adult guilds and running dungeons, etc. with my guild or friends. Random groups can be.. intense. lol

Reactions: Kleineganz
what is the real average age of gamers? im 28, and i do feel like im a bit older.

is it that 18-24 age group that is *young*?

I could care not what the age of a gamer is, if he or she can play well, then I'm okay with that individual. Age has nothing to do with one's ability to play, because I read a story about a paraplegic teen who played World Of Warcraft all day and it has allowed him to interact with others in ways he could not physically do.

I don't think age matters that much at all and truthfully I don't even know what age exactly everyone I've played with online is. To me, as long as they know how to play and know how to enjoy then it's all that matters. It also helps that I'm not really that good so I tend to sympathize with others like me who are basically forever noobs.

Yes, I sometimes play with older gamers and I don't see any reason why I should not. Age doesn't really matter when it comes to gaming. As long as they're physically fit for gaming, then why not? I even know some older gamers who can play better than I can.

@dpatel they say the average age of gamers is like 30, so I meant older than that. Plus, I see more and younger gamers every day (who probably think I'm ancient, being in my 40's).

Yea, I've heard that too. I don't consider myself old at all, but I've definitely played with a group of people in the age range of 10-15 who all think I'm ancient, and are surprised I'm still playing games at my age.. lol yougins.

Ha! Wait until you're in your 40s. Then they really think you're ancient. I don't really care about age that much as long as people are mature and decent to each and play well together.