Old Nintendo games on Wii

dihewe

Registered
Mar 11, 2016
While I do love some of the current releases on the wii u, I put alot of value into being able to play n64 titles and other classics. I have an n64 and a decent collection but games like Mario Party and others can end up costing a pretty penny. Mario Kart 64 means a lot to me and my cartridge for that game just doesn't work anymore so it's awesome to still be able to play it on the wii. Plus VG history is important. With all that said while we're on the topic of old games, why is Nintendo so hung up on the same franchises? Not that it doesn't deliver even within those franchises, but still. They've proven they can do good with original projects with Splatoon so maybe they should work on more new stuff like that. Don't ya think?

I love being able to buy those old games. I've bought a few off the Wii U's eShop that I missed back then, such as EarthBound, some I had a taste of but never owned, like Breath of Fire, and some classics I loved back in the day, like Advance Wars or Paper Mario.

I have a question maybe you can answer. If you buy old games on the Wii and transfer them to the Wii U, can you run them as Wii U software, or do you have to access them through the Wii menu on the Wii U?

I was never a big fan of Mario Party, which is surprising for me because usually a Mario anything is a good game for me. I was glad that the Super Smash Bros continues to be featured on whatever systems that they continue to come out with, because that might just be my favorite game ever. If I could think of some that didn't quite make it I would go with Forsaken and Star Fox come to mind, those would be cool to see.

I was never a big fan of Mario Party

I think Mario Party is a decent part of Nintendo's franchise. Sure, there could be more mini-games (they're very repetitive after a while, and that's probably why I rarely played them to better my skill), but the collection is fine for what it is. Simple for people like me, who aren't able to beat any other game worth their life.

Agreed on the original point of making some new titles, though. They think they have to rely on what got them to where they are now, but I'd love to see a few more originals in their library. News flash: Nintendo, you don't have to do that. If a underrated classic was remade for 2016/17, I wouldn't be opposed to trying it out.

Nintendo is rumored to be translating Mother 3. But if they do release that on VC, it will probably cost like $20 because, Nintendo.
But there are tons of franchises that Nintendo could revive like Advance Wars or even Star Tropics. Maybe we will see something with the NX.

I see no problem with them being hung up on franchises. I mean, it's not like they should become less hung up on them! They're classics! However, they could donate equal time to new stuff.

I have a question maybe you can answer. If you buy old games on the Wii and transfer them to the Wii U, can you run them as Wii U software, or do you have to access them through the Wii menu on the Wii U?

I don't get what you mean. If you mean playing Wii games on the Wii U, yes, you can do that, but you can't play Wii U games on the Wii (the reverse).