No-zombie survival games

Maxprime94

Registered
Nov 8, 2014
Don't get me wrong, I've loved many games including zombies in them but I feel like it gets annoying after a while. I'm a realist and after a couple of minutes of playing these games, I just can't seem get into them because I know none of this is "real". I have found a couple games that meet my needs (No zombies, Survival is the main aspect, good enough graphics) but I know there must be some games under development that you guys might know about... This is why I would like to know what No-zombie survival games you enjoy!

No game comes to mind when you say no-zombie survival. Which ones have you found? I would like to try them out, myself. Don't Starve doesn't have zombies and it's all about survival, it's a good game in my opinion. It has monsters tho like big spiders and such, it's definitely not real like you say, but I'd say it's worth trying out. Other than that, I have no idea what game you might be interested in, but do tell me which ones have you found.

I definitely didn't mind Don't starve, the only thing that really gets to me is the cartoonish graphics... I've played so many simulators lately that I keep expecting great graphics from everything that I play (which isn't realistic lol) so in that case I have had to compromise. I've found that The long dark (on steam/currently in development) is one the closest kind of survival game that I'm looking for. No zombies only wild life that WILL attack if you instigate them. Graphics aren't bad, even though their sort of cartoon'y, when you are playing, they seem legit enough. And lastly, the whole point of the game is to survive the cold harsh Canadian winter (which is where I'm from) so I've got a good head start lol.

I haven't heard of The Long Dark, I'll be sure to check it out because it sounds interesting. Didn't know there was an actual survival game with no zombies. However, I remember playing Don't Starve and liking it a lot, especially for the graphics. I guess some people really enjoy the graphics while others don't. It's a love or hate relationship with it.

The only non-zombie survivalist game I played and loved it Rust. It's an online game just like Dayz and WarZ, but with no zombies at all. They had zombies initially, but they eradicate them with an update.

The Long Dark definitely sounds like a game to check out! I myself can't stand zombie survival games for the same reason. There's just something about them that feels unrealistic and I can't really put my character in the survivor's shoes. Unfortunately, I know of very few realistic survival games. At the moment, I'm trying out Don't Starve for Steam. The game itself has a premise of literally just surviving as long as possible. At the same time it's pretty much one of those unrealistic games. Though, as far as I know, there aren't any zombies in it yet.

Rust has no zombies? I didn't want to mention that to the OP, because I remember there being zombies. I had no idea they took them out. So, now, the only threat are other players? Any new major updates to the game happened?

You could try Life is Feudal, although it's still in early access on steam atm.

I am waiting for Life is Feudal, myself. Don't want to buy it yet, because I did that mistake with DayZ. I bought it in early access, and it is still nowhere near to being finished. The game looks interesting but probably not worth the price that hey have set on Steam. I'll wait for a sale, or I'll wait for the game to come out, and see if I like it enough to buy it.

I would suggest that you try The Forest, because it really looks like fun. I didn't play it for myself, but as far as I watched some gameplay of it, it looks pretty fun to me. The game doesn't have zombies, but has some indigenous people that try to murder you every night (they might be cannibals?). You have to build shelters, fires, maybe a boat and you have to gather materials for them from cutting down trees, collecting stones and leafs etc. Check it out :)

Ah yes, friend just told me yesterday about The Forest. He said that they've added two player co-op to it, so I can't wait to pick it up and play with him. Watched a few game-play videos and looks quite good for the price that they're charging. I am most likely going to buy that game, and I will post here when I try it out, with my short review of the co-op game. Tho, I've also read that during co-op there are some save-game problems and bugs like that, but I don't think it should affect the game that much.

The forest sounds interesting this is the first I've heard of it. I like survival games, but I did not know that there where any that were realistic. I'll have to look into it.

I am waiting for it to go on any type of a discount. I don't know why but I have a built-in mechanism in my brain. When I buy a game on some sort of a discount, it feels like I have used my money a lot better, even if it's a very small discount. Anyhow, I am definitely going to get it, especially now that they've added 2-player co-op. They are adding support for more players, soon.