Nintendo News aggregated

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
Mario Kart Wii is online, coming in the New Year to Americas. And it looks like it'll support more than 4 players. It will also include a nifty Wii Wheel. Not sure why that's necessary though.

Super Mario Galaxy is out for November 12th.

Wii Fit, an honest to goodness fitness program (can hardly be called a game, though no doubt it'll be way more fun than the elliptical). It uses something called the Wii Balance Board, like a stomp pad, and will feature many mini-games such as step aerobics and various balance games.

The Wii Zapper looks cool, but at a $20 price point, does it have guts enough to be worth buying? It looks to me like it's just a bracket to hold the wii-mote and nunchuck like a gun.

Metroid Prime 3 will have a new unique lock-aim system. You can lock on to a point, strafing around it, but still aim freely with the wii-mote.

the_roach

Narrative Cosmotect
Registered
Oct 6, 2005
The Great Valley
Good stuff. I'm sure the zapper shell will be worth it if they get some good FPSs. Can't wait for Mario Galaxy. Or Prime 3.

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
The new Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles or whatever it's called will support the Zapper.

I don't think MP3 will though, as they've already mentioned you'll change visors using a gesture, and their free-aim lock mode will probably require more freedom of motion than the zapper allows. We'll see.

TheAfroGamer

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Smackdown Hotel
scoops said:
Mario Kart Wii is online, coming in the New Year to Americas. And it looks like it'll support more than 4 players. It will also include a nifty Wii Wheel. Not sure why that's necessary though.

I think if it comes with the game and doesnt make the game more than say $59.99, it will be worth it. If for some reason its like $99, then no. But I dont see the problem with that (other than the fact you might need to buy more for each player)

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
I've been getting the impression that a big part of Nintendo's new strategy is to (wherever possible) create as many different control schemes as possible, using multiple controllers.

But ultimately, Spud, you should embrace the wii-mote. Games are being designed FOR it, and in most cases it will be the best controller to use.