Next gen wars updates?

Darth_Jonas

Future Emperor
Registered
Nov 16, 2005
right behind you
Anybody got some legit updates on sales comparisons for the next gen wars? I want to know how many consoles have been sold since Thanksgiving especially. That gives a clearer picture of the hotness of the items. Of course those of us who already have a 360 have no need to rush out and grab another, so that might not be the best way to compare. I know that PS3 was getting their collective butts handed to them by Wii, but if you look at the costs of the machines themselves, about the same amount of money was being spent (divide the Wii sales by around 2.5 to equal the amount of denaro spent on the PS3).

Of course this is just the beginning. Microsoft got the early lead and the rest will have to make up some serious ground to catch them (which could take years). However, the 2007 round should be decided by the major thing of the games themselves. If games come out that have fans drooling for a 360 but no strong titles for the ps3... You get the picture. And where does the Wii fit into that?

Darth_Jonas said:
And where does the Wii fit into that?

its hard to say were the wii fits in. its a console of coarse, but really to me its like a virtual reality type, or the closet thing we get to a virtual reality

Grantastic85 said:
its hard to say were the wii fits in. its a console of coarse, but really to me its like a virtual reality type, or the closet thing we get to a virtual reality

I hadn't thought of it like that. Do you think the attributes that make it different (the controller and the motion thing) will also make it unattractive to some people?

Oh, and how reliable are those numbers. I know you get them from nextgenwars.com but Sony has not released their sales figures for the PS3, supposedly.

Judging by financial analysis from places like CNNFN.com and other technology and business news outlets, it looks like during the launch period, Sony shipped and sold around 200K units in North America...not Sony's own numbers, but it fits in with the way the shortages look. Nintendo looks to have sold almost three times that number at 600K, and they seem to continue to fly off the shelves.

I think we can say that the low price point and the unique gameplay features have been a boon to the Wii.

I'll tell you what.....i don't need any price drops for a Wii, IF I COULD JUST FIND ONE OF THE DAMN THINGS WHERE I LIVE!!!!!!!!!