Next big game from Valve?

techbeast34

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
Valve has already had a lot of good games released, but I wanna know: What do you think will be the next big game from Valve? I personally think it could be a Half-Life/Portal crossover, but Half-Life 3 is always a possibility. What do you think?

Isn't Half Life 3 being worked on? If it comes out any time soon it will be the next big game for sure.

I though that Half life 3 was in development. That is why the half life 3 is confirmed jokes are gone isn't it?

Isn't Half Life 3 being worked on? If it comes out any time soon it will be the next big game for sure.

It's been in development for a while unofficially, people know Valve are working on it but Valve aren't saying anything about it.

Ill preface by saying this is an assumption by the public. Gabe confirmed they were developing a new engine - but did not say what engine.
A large part is that they are developing source engine 2. SE1 ran a lot of their games on it. I think HL3 and SE2 are tied together in development and they will take their time over the engine at least. You don't want to push out your future games on a new engine till your completely happy, as any issues in the engine may be present in every game.

This amount of polish was seen in HL2 as with they went over the game with a fine tooth comb when they were developing the engine behind it. This is a big part why people are stoked for HL3 and Valve does not want to comment on anything. If everything went wrong tomorrow in the development by not saying anything they have as much time as they need to fix it. By announcing a release date they create a deadline in the public's mind.

As for what game Valve will release, well they have been more quiet than normal so I have an inkling it might be something big in the pipeline. The problem is they will not mention it till its practically ready to ship so I try to not speculate all the time as it leads to disappointment.

I though that Half life 3 was in development. That is why the half life 3 is confirmed jokes are gone isn't it?
I've seen the not long ago, I wouldn't say the jokes are gone. People just probably got bored of it and stopped using it. I don't think Valve is going to release Half Life 3, because over the years people got higher expectations for this game and it's going to be hard for Valve to fulfill them

Valve will probably pounce on the next popular mod that shows itself, seeing as how it has made CS, L4D and DotA its own.

Until then, most likely HL3. Maybe they would remake DayZ if the current standalone alpha flops.

I don't really know or I can't even think of any game that they will come up with next, but if it's HL3, then I'm sure it'll be awesome. But as shreklock said, it might not feel as awesome as some people expect it to be, because they might be overhyped for it. We'll just have to wait and see, something's gonna come out sooner or later.