My school documentry " warcraft size me"

Grantastic75

Registered
Jan 18, 2006
For 8th grade at my school, for our Arts class, we have a film festivel sort of thing, where each student makes there own movie. and then the hole grade watches them, so while other kids r making stupid movies, ill be makeing a documentry called "warcraft size me"(pune of of "super size me")
while the majority of my class mates play WOW, about 90% of them, (including girls) i will play the role of a fictional character (who i have not picked his name yet) will have his life turned around as he becomes another clamed soul to the heavily addected game.
allthough there are more ideas in my head and "warcraft size me" isn't certain. and the film festivle isnt tell the last full week of school.
just to let all of my friends on Mygamer know that i may represent the gamer.

and to be honest spud, this is only a idea a friend pitched to me, i actually have other, very different ideas. but i was really giving a pitch to u guys to see wut u would think, ( and to add a new forum)

ha ha im on post 69 ( thats good teenage humor right there)

Here is a real fact for your documentary: WoW is partially responsible for the destruction of the Chapelle Show. Dave and all the writers were too busy playing WoW to write the show.

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play WoW.

A suggestion: change the title name. I know Super Size Me is a successful documentary and that your doc might play out kind of like SSM in that you might document the adverse effects of playing WoW for 30 straight days or something, but the title just doesn't work. Super Size Me works because the title refers to both the size of the meals offered at McDonald's and the fact that the guy is getting bigger/heavier from eating there all the time. The word Warcraft doesn't really say anything about size, so it wouldn't make sense to describe something as having a Warcraft size. Other than that, it's a cool idea. You seem to have the right idea of melding reality with fiction even though it is pretty common these days. And even if Katie (kwilson) is wrong about that fact, it's something you could use anyway if you're not concerned with making a straight-up documentary.

Sounds like an excellent idea. Finally, a documentary to represent gaming culture :). I agree with the_roach on the tentative title though... although Super Size me was an eye-opening (albeit disgusting) documentary, "warcraft size me" just doesnt have the same ring. Any possiblity of you uploading the documentary after you make it? I'd like to see the finished product :D Good luck!

edit: Sorry I don't actually have a suggestion as to what to replace the title with. I know the most frustrating advice to get is "change this, but I'm not going to tell you how." I'll try to come up with a little something, no matter how lame it may be, but since I have never actually had the joy of playing WoW myself, I don't know how that will go for me XD Again, best of luck. I'm off to play some Animal Crossing.

Last edited:
well i did make it up in five seconds, and because it was also that "super size me" is a documentry. but yea im still debating on the fact if i will do it or not. because i got another idea too. but yea i know the name i Korny and stuff, but im still thinking of a different name.

Sounds like it could be a good idea. I know WoW is deffinitely a reason for some of my grades being lower then they should.

Do you have any ideas yet of scenes you may do? Or just have a general idea at the moment

I've been playing WoW so much lately that my pinky is sore from being forever held in the air while I hit the arrow keys. I should stop and give it time to feel better - but I just can't. I am so hooked. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I had constant access to the game, but since it's at my boyfriend's and I only see him once every few weeks I spend as much time as I can with the game before going home.

well sorry guys but im not going to be able to make this kind of video, at least for school. the teachers didn't like the fact that there was only two people me and a friend, so we joined a new group who have an intresting idea for a movie. then i pitched them a different story that i made up, instead of the warcraft documentry, and we decided to do it.
so sorry guys im gonna have to find a different way to represent the gamers.
but in the summer, i like to make amature movies, so expect one on YouTube or something.

Sadly as i post this i am lvling as nicght elf rouge.... i am a slave to this game and will do anything it tells me, from killing defis thugs to defeating orcs and draginkin in blackrock mount....... shhh the magical quest box is talkning to me now.