More Apple bashing

Huddy

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
The Boiler Room
Ok, so the big news yesterday (at least they like to say it's big), is that Apple brand computers with Intel based chipsets will now be able to *gasp* run Windows XP natively!!!!!!

UGGGGGGGHHH!!!!

My friend ( a Mac-head) believes this is the second coming, and that no longer will he ever want to buy an Alienware or Dell PC again, or have to build his own, because Windows apps/games will run better on Macintosh hardware.

Ok...tell me something...if Mac OS X is the king of everything good in software....why does Apple try SO damn hard to make Windows run on their machines?

Furthermore...I have NEVER EVER seen a supposedly equal Mac machine run better than an XP machine. People say that Macs run graphics programs better, etc. But my brand new Mac machine stutters with the latest Photoshop, while my 2 year old XP machine has it up and running in seconds. Explain that! Sure if you have a rack full of OS X servers, but as a stand-alone machine...I've never seen the latest Mac outperform the latest PC.

On top of this....Apple updates core OS X code every month or so. Not just bug or security fixes, but whole new OS X core code! Take a guess how many technical issues stem from programs that no longer work because of a OS X "update".

Last point....sure it might be cool to be able to run both OS's on one box...but can you upgrade? Not really. You have to buy a whole new $1000-$2000 Mac. Besides...if one machine will run windows...I'd like to hear ONE good reason for having it run OS X as well.

I despise Apple! They remind of the pretty boy actor that everyone hates besides adolescent girls (think Backstreet Boys or Leonardo DeCaprio).

No..Microsoft Windows isn't perfect either...but at least they somewhat admit it instead of acting like everything is perfectly ok. They've certainly borrowed ideas from one another, and probably more so on the Microsoft side than the Mac side...but that's how any competition goes. One company thinks of something, the other company implements it and makes it better. Quit crying about it Mac-heads! Lol I can't help that your engineers can come up with an idea, but can't seem to perfect it's finish! :p

Work on a Mac...

Play on a PC...

Problem solved!

Seriously, I'm in love with Macs and with Mac-native graphics apps and such- they're just so intuitive and powerful. But I'm a gamer, and I've never seen a Mac run Windows or Windows-based games anywhere NEAR as fast (because of the Win->Mac translation that's happening behind the scenes, I imagine) as a native Winbox will do.

One day I'll have the cash to have a top-end Mac box on my desktop for all my writing/graphics/multimedia creation, right next to my top-end PC for gaming... but as long as I'm limited to just one or the other I gotta stay Windows, just because it games better.

Well, maybe it's just me, but I too work in a Mac environment, but at home it's all XP. I run the same Photoshop version, acrobat, the same Maya 3d, and the same Office apps at both locations, though the Mac never seems to be as fast as the XP machine. But that's about the only apps I'm familiar with, so maybe there are a few others that actually do run better on Mac hardware. I just have yet to see them. Even iTunes runs better on my PC.

I'd be lying in saying I'm not interested in what's going to happen with the hybrid Intel Macs, but it's just my opinion that it's a hot marketing scheme from Apple, much like iPods were, that when actually in your hands, it lets you down. We shall see!

I love my iBook G4. It does the job for me, and runs things well. However I can't help but approach these latest changes happening to them with a hint of trepidation. (Trepidition?) So when I hand in my Mac at the end of the school year it'll be a heavy heart, but I am definitely going to wait to see what happens to Macintosh in a year or so.

If Mac's are still as powerful and as important in the newspaper industry by that time, I may re-invest in another Mac machine. But all the same? I'll wait awhile.

I like red apples and they healthy and healthy is good I cant say I have tried a mac but if they are sweet I think i would like them too lolololol

I work with MAC's all day, I must say that they are inferior to PC's. Give me a PC any day....I like having a left and right click on my mouse among other things.

Yeah, so I had another arguement with my co-worker today over this issue. I can admit, that for standard computer users that use wordprocessing, webbrowsing and photo stuff ONLY, a Mac is ok and probably even requires less maintanence than a PC. But if you want a machine that can do it all...it has to be Windows.

When I asked my co-worker why he doesn't sell his PC if he thinks the Mac is so good, it was stated "Well, I like playing my games".

Ok...so isn't that saying right there that a Mac cannot do everything a PC can? I don't own a Mac. I own a PC (I work with Mac's at my job). So why can't he just own a Mac? Because...it can't do everything a PC can...yet, a PC can do everything a Mac can.

I saw some site pitting Mac's against Windows PCs, and they gave PC's a score of 4 for "cosmetics", while the Mac's got "10". in the end, this is what ended up boosting the final score of a Mac over a PC.

WTF? Are we buying window dressing or a machine here? Besides, I don't think they were taking into account the beautiful PC's made by Falcon/Alienware/ABS, etc. Who buys a computer for looks anyway...Paris Hilton? Ugh..

Truly...nothing bothers me more than this issue....I don't know why. I guess it's because i'm stuck in a job working on Mac's, and I have to hear about their "superiority" every day, and how "Microsoft copies Apple". Guess what? Dungeons and Dragons copied Lord of the Rings. Sony copied Sharp. Christ....every computer copied the abacus! The US copied the Russians in the space race! It's human. Someone takes something someone else made, and makes it better. iPod's copied Rio's btw (for those who think iPods are heaven).

Here's the thing though...I will buy a system that suits me. They can buy a system that suits them. But don't come telling ME what system best suits ME. Lol.

Yes..I hate Apple...and the Appleheads make me hate them even worse. They are the Duke Blue Devils of the technology world...except they really aren't that good. Lol

Oh yeah..thanks Zack for getting me started on this with your review of the iPod. Lol

I'm going to college for graphic design, and we have brand new MAC's and I really dislike them. The OSX Tiger is a neat operating system, and has some really nice features, but those computers crash more than any computer I've worked on.