Mobile Grinding and Boring Games

OGRICHBOI

Registered
Feb 16, 2015
I feel like I have been seeing a reoccurring theme in mobile games. The theme of killing monsters for experience and leveling up. At first this may seem fun, but it becomes tedious extremely quick. What are your thoughts on these "grinding" type MMORP games?

I think the developers are risking losing their audience whenever they employ this tactic, but they probably know by now how much they can push while still getting away with it. A lot of us might get tired of it but there are even more people out there with lots more time and effort to put in to keep their games profitable enough. I myself usually just delete the game once I find out that it is that type since there are lots more other options out there anyway.

... A lot of us might get tired of it but there are even more people out there with lots more time and effort to put in to keep their games profitable enough...

I think that I fall into the second group of people. I somewhat do, anyway. I always fall into the same trap: "oh that game looks good, let me try it!" and then I am so far into the grind before I even realize what I've done! At that point, I feel bad "giving up" even if it becomes tedious. I eventually do give up, although another game usually fills its space. I am lucky that I am able to stop myself short of buying anything with real money, because I am sure so many people can't resist buying the tools that ease the grind!

I think that I fall into the second group of people. I somewhat do, anyway. I always fall into the same trap: "oh that game looks good, let me try it!" and then I am so far into the grind before I even realize what I've done! At that point, I feel bad "giving up" even if it becomes tedious. I eventually do give up, although another game usually fills its space. I am lucky that I am able to stop myself short of buying anything with real money, because I am sure so many people can't resist buying the tools that ease the grind!

I agree with you! But I don't give up... I just take a break... And forget about it soon afterwards, hahaha <<which actually leads to me not finishing the game (and I don't and probably will never buy anything with real money... simply because I can't afford it, lol)

There's definitely a market for those types of games, so developers will continue making them. The thing about humans is that we enjoy that "reward" in the form of leveling up, especially after grinding rather than instantaneously. I think that's why people keep coming back to these games

Grinding's alright once in a while but I'm not much for keeping up with it. Generally once I reach a point that something becomes tedious, I quit.

I think these games can be fun. Order and Chaos Online was my favorite game for some time and it required grinding sometimes. I play Dungeon Hunter 5 and yes sometimes to get a certain item to create something you may have to beat the same mission 3 times.
I think that if you don't like doing this, there is no point in playing.
Think about it like this. It would be too easy if you didn't have to do this.
People don't mind grinding too much. Proof of this is Monster Hunter has been a series for a long time and you need to grind like crazy. You sometimes have to kill a boss monster 10 times to get enough items to upgrade a price of equipment.
I think it's ok for grinding to happen. It makes you feel good when you finally get enough of the item you were hoping to find.

I think they are just geared toward a different market. Believe it or not - and it was actually pretty surprising to me - there are people that love to grind. Like, they actually play MMOs and JRPGs only because those are the games they can grind in the most..