Minecraft Opinions

I'm a fan of Minecraft however something that is common in all creative games, it tends to become boring over time. Once you have everything in Minecraft, you lose the sense to play anymore due to your will to obtain new stuff being filled. I feel if you want to extend your interest in Minecraft, it helps to develop ideas for large scale projects. Also on the topic of Minecraft being childish, it is far from childish. Just because alot of children enjoy the game doesn't give you any reason to quit playing. Its basically like calling an adult who plays with Legos childish, everyone plays with them but some are more advanced with it.

Reactions: Tycoonie259
Minecraft's okay.

I way overplayed it, tho I'm tempted to mod it up again and play some Myst/Thaumcraft.

Minecraft's okay.

I way overplayed it, tho I'm tempted to mod it up again and play some Myst/Thaumcraft.

Overplayed? Nah, I don't think so. The fact that you can create mods adds a lot of interesting elements since you can do a lot with that, and the same applies for server plugins (when using bukkit) so you can create way more out of the game than just the basic concept. It also attracts people a lot since it was one of the first bigger voxel games.

I just started playing it after seeing my daughter's play it then my friends. I then set up my own server and I am playing around with the new spigot. Pretty fun so far.

Minecraft is an amazing game. It always will be. The popularity astounded expectations worldwide and it spawned a new genre of games. Sadly, I think the hype is dying. Good on Mojang for trying to shake it up with the Telltale series. Hopefully the excitement of Minecraft will retun!

As my avatar would indicate, I'm a Minecraft fan. I like it because it's a game that lets me express my creative side. I'm slowly becoming a really good builder, it's the thing I like doing most right now. I'm all pretty decent with redstone. I prefer using it for practical things, as opposed to making huge computers and machines "just because." I haven't touched the game in a few days though. Too tired to try.

I used to love the game but the new updates just added something which removed the vibe from it for me. It also got very boring after clicking and mining all day long. I still occasionally play some multiplayer servers, playing sky-wars. But other than that I don't play it at all.

The ability to actually mine Bitcoin in a game brought my attention to this game. Altho i have not yet started the venture I do like the game found value in Bitcoins and was able to implement a way to kind of represent how Bitcoins are actually created. So for Bitcoin lovers this game fills a void we dont have in Bitcoins, it provides us a great popular game we can play and earn Bitcoins while doing it.

I guess I'm a bit of an oddball on this one. I love minecraft and I probably always will. However, I usually play on an empty home server in creative mode. :oops: I like to create giant castles with trick rooms and traps. Working with redstone is just too much fun. I haven't played in a few months though; I should go check out the new stuff :eek:.

When I first played Minecraft, it's fun but after awhile I got bored (without mods). But after I installed many mods, I played it for hours. And I got bored eventually, and I stopped playing it about 4 months ago. Well, since Telltale games will make Minecraft to have a storymode, I'll play it again after the release.

Minecraft does get boring, as do all games, but 'modded' Minecraft does make the game a lot more interesting. Yes, the Minecraft hype seems to be over, but the game was and still is very successful. I mean, Notch just got himself a huge mansion.

I used to be an avid player of Minecraft, but over time I just found myself getting bored of Vanilla Minecraft, even on a server playing with friends. It only takes a few months after starting a server with friends until you've built everything possible and got all the diamonds you'd need. If more ores were rarer I feel it would extend the game further. When I first started playing the game I was the only one out of all my friends that was playing it, and it was deemed a "kids" game. Now everyone seemed to start playing it, especially after the release on gaming consoles.

I've been playing Minecraft for 2 years now. I love the game especially playing with other people. My friends and I always go on Skype calls and play together. It's always fun.

After playing Minecraft for 2 years I have not gotten bored of it, which it crazy! Most of the games I've played bore me in about 2 months. Minecraft is different from all of them, It's an amazing game, There's just a lot you can do and a lot of people you can meet. I personally made some online friends who have honestly become my best friends.

I used to play it a lot, but after a year or two I quit. It became very repetitive, the mods made it last a little longer, but eventually I had played all the good mods. It was a lot of fun, i still remember building, fighting and surviving with my friends, but all good things come to an end.

I could never get into Minecraft. It was very basic for me, and just wasn't interesting at all. I definitely found it to be a game made for 9-12 years olds, due to it's simplicity. I don't think adults who play it are childish, but the game itself is a child's game.
The game is very repetitive, and I'm a big graphics person, and am not a fan of building games, so it definitely wasn't for me, considering the whole game is building blocks, lol.

Minecraft sucks. It's too simple, too dumb, it has no "real" objective, plus, if you even TRY to join a server or whatever they call it, you're going to find 9-14 year olds. And I hate hearing the voice of kids screaming over their mic because, for some reason, all kids have mics.

I love it, it's the new Lego for kids and even though I'm not a kid anymore, I still enjoy it. Especially with friends, there is nothing better than bunching together and trying to survive. Mods can even make the game a lot harder or implement new items, I remember there is a mod that lets you visit other planets with space ships you can build.

Yeah, it's not a game you'd probably get heavily into if you were just playing it by yourself, but it's a great game to have in your collection for those times when you just want to kick back and play something fun and relaxing.
There's something calming about hanging out underground mining resources, and then turning the yield into something cool and of your own creation. Like I said though, the game becomes a total blast if you can find a few friends to get into it with you. I play with two of my friends on a dedicated private server, and it's awesome to just jump on Skype, shoot the breeze, and work cooperatively on a building project. In that case, the game definitely gets a lot more serious, and it becomes all too easy to lose track of time while playing.

I only enjoy well playing on multiplayer mini-games. I wish they had a change name feature though.

Who knows; Microsoft might be able to add something to Minecraft that will make it a lot more fun. But we'll never know until they start pumping out huge updates.