Meeting Follow up

JonnyLaw

Supplemental Editor
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Staff meeting

Hey guys, thought i would start posting in the forums now that we had the staff meeting about it. Just wanted to say i had a great time meeting you all tonight and i look forward to working with you in the upcoming months. We are going to look great.

Scott Schopman
(JonnyLaw)
News Editor

Hi!

I just thought I should reply also - it was good to meet everyone who came to the meeting tonight! For those of you who didn't, I just started w/MyGamer, though I've been working a bit with Andy and Brian unofficially since about August.
I'm going to be doing HR stuff for the site, mainly focusing (at least at first) on getting the staff a little more involved with the site and with each other. I'll be sending out an e-mail to everyone with a bunch of questions and stuff so we can get a really detailed staff bio page posted on the staff forums here (for us only)... Anyway enough prattle from me -

I'm Amanda Turner, by the way. I live near Seattle, in Everett, WA. I'm going to community college full time, and trying to find a part time job for some extra cash. Andy and I play tons of games, and I'm really excited about getting involved in the site and getting to know everyone!

It was included with the same email from Andy that contained the June releases spreadsheet, but if your mail program is anything like mine, it got bungled pretty badly. Strangely, it looks perfect through webmail.

Spudly is being sweet enough to get me the info. So the rest of you don't need to worry, assuming you cared even slightly.

Put me down as one who didn't get that email either...

Reply to: AjaKun: Hi!
I'm going to be doing HR stuff for the site, mainly focusing (at least at first) on getting the staff a little more involved with the site and with each other.

If there's anything you need, just say it. From the sounds of it, everyone is eager to do some community building.

I'll be sending out an e-mail to everyone with a bunch of questions and stuff so we can get a really detailed staff bio page posted on the staff forums here (for us only)

Why not make it public info?

Reply to: BCampbell:
If there's anything you need, just say it. From the sounds of it, everyone is eager to do some community building.
I'm pretty good so far, but still trying to find out everything that needs doing. If you have any specific ideas about an activity or something you think we should instigate, please e-mail me at jobs@mygamer.com - I'm dying for feedback and ideas!

Reply to: BCampbell:
Why not make it public info?

We already have our profiles (linked to our screennames) that are public. If any of you don't have this filled out, please take the time to complete it. The information that I'm collecting is much more detailed and personal, so for security reasons it will be restricted to staff members. We will most likely look at increasing the amount of info the staff can share with site visitors in the future (such as photo, bio, etc), but not at this point - and we will NEVER release your private information, like phone and address.