Mario Maker

dpatel304

Registered
Nov 8, 2014

Did anyone see this trailer at the Video Game Awards? This is the first I had heard about this game. I think it was unveiled earlier at E3. I think this is a fantastic looking game. I thought the idea was great when LittleBigPlanet came out. The problem with that game, is that the platforming gameplay just wasn't all that great. I was still able to overlook it and have fun. Classic Mario, in my eyes, is still the best platformer out there and has yet to be surpassed. I can't wait for this game to revive an old classic. I don't know if they have said this or not, but this game has to have online level sharing (like LBP did). Imagine a mario game with potentially unlimited levels! Very exciting.

Reactions: Tycoonie259
Holy crap, was I ever excited to see that they included so many different new styles in the Mario Maker. It'll be really cool to design New Super Mario Bros style levels along with the old style ones.

Also, the voice over with the video seemed to suggest that they might turn it into a series of some kind, which sounded very interesting.

I agree though, classic Mario is still the best platformer out there. It's always been about controls and a fine-tuned experience, and Nintendo almost always delivers on that front.

Before the game awards I was lukewarm on this game at best. But Super Mario World has a special place in my heart. So now I'm really looking forward to this.

This is insane, it's a good thing Nintendo will be releasing this, since this will 'revive' the Wii U without doubt. So far, the onliest way to create Mario levels was through hacking you ROM (as far as I know) and that was a lot of work, but now an official tool to design Mario levels for ALL generations, that's just incredible! I love how you can switch between generations of the games, that gives a nostalgic feeling which makes me smile :)

I was hyped as heck for this from E3 and the Video Game Awards update made me even more excited. I remember when this was first shown at E3 and they didn't have as much to show people just went, "That's it?" but I knew they'd have more to show down the line if they didn't intend to release it this year. Completely psyched that there's a Mario 3 mode too as that's my favorite from the series. Right next to Splatoon, I can't think of anything I'm looking forward to more this coming year.

Reactions: Tycoonie259
And can you share this content online?

This will be essential for the game to succeed. I'm not a creative type, but if buying Mario Maker exposes me to a new world of Super Mario World type levels I'll have to get it.

This is a big deal! We can have hours of fun with this game. I really like the 2d Mario games the best anyways. Also, today Nintendo announced Mario maker gamers will be able to share levels with other people. This means we'll have hundreds of levels to try out.