Madden 06

Mgamenon

Registered
Apr 20, 2006
Wichita, KS
Hey I'm a big Madden Gamer, and would like to talk about strategy with people and use of different teams. Just seeing if anyone else on here is serious enough to have a thread to have a discussion on Madden.

I play a lot of Madden as well, but I am not like AMAZING at it. I will play online and do alright.

As far as the game goes it is the same game over and over with little enhancements- not much to talk about. I would like to play the Xbox360 version sometime. The only reason I am hyped for 07 is because of my boy Shaun on the cover.

I really only play Madden with friends. For me, the online Madden experience can often get frustrating and cheap. I like being able to get angry at a person next to me, or talk smack to the person by my side. With a game like Madden, smack-talking and friendsly competition are part of what make it so much fun. When I play online, I lose that. I usually play as the Falcons or Jets, and my strategy will usually vary depending on who I'm playing... another benefit of playing with friends.

Yeah I put in a lot of hours to it for awhile and I wasn't getting any better, it pissed me off. I've been playing as the falcons too play actions work well but only on the right down, vick bootlegs on first down are great to own the middle run blitz. I think playing on all-madden which I was doing for awhile is crap though it just makes all the odds go against you, the CPU get outrageous picks and even the backs with the lowest chance of fumbles, fumble all the time. My friend recently broke his playstation due to Madden... he was a bit drunk and got owned by the Packers.

I'm a bit supprised shaun alexander got it... Not that he doesn't deserve it, but I thought it'd be sweet if LaDainian Tomlinson got it. I haven't heard much about 07' anyone heard any rumors?

Yeah I put in a lot of hours to it for awhile and I wasn't getting any better, it pissed me off. I've been playing as the falcons too play actions work well but only on the right down, vick bootlegs on first down are great to own the middle run blitz. I think playing on all-madden which I was doing for awhile is crap though it just makes all the odds go against you, the CPU get outrageous picks and even the backs with the lowest chance of fumbles, fumble all the time. My friend recently broke his playstation due to Madden... he was a bit drunk and got owned by the Packers. So he decided to kick his playstation really hard

I'm a bit supprised shaun alexander got it... Not that he doesn't deserve it, but I thought it'd be sweet if LaDainian Tomlinson got it. I haven't heard much about 07' anyone heard any rumors?

I play Madden 2005. I play with the Vikings!

I don't really like '06...I think that they were to busy with all of the 360 games that they were rushing out to get them out by launch to focus on the gameplay of the next version of madden.

They can't keep improving the graphics little by little without actually adding some new and useful features.

Mgamenon said:

Both are excellent running backs, no question about that. LaDainian is still young though, and hopefully he is still hitting his stride. Usually the cover athletes for Madden games play on teams that make it deep into the playoffs. I think the Ravens didn't do so well when Ray Lewis was on the cover, but they did win the Super Bowl a few years back so that justifies his inclusion. Plus, the focus in that year's Madden was defense, so Ray Lewis was a good fit. I believe they put Alexander on the cover because they are putting a great deal of emphasis on the running game this year. Plus, he was the MVP and his team made it to the Super Bowl.