Mac Games

hammygas

Registered
Dec 27, 2006
texas
I heard a rumor (I have no idea if it is true) that Macintosh is thinking about getting into the console wars. I am a big mac fan, so I naturally think it would be a good idea, but I'm curious of what you guys might think of an apple console and what it might be like.

I don't know what to think about that.
Right now I'm just trying not to kill myself laughing at the prospect of a Mac console. :p
But yeah I kinda doubt it...

I think it would be interesting because Macintosh and Nintendo seem to have similar goals, and an Apple console would mean more direct compitetion for Nintendo, and that would would push them to do even better things with the Wii.

Wow. I guess it could really happen.

Am I the only one who's...averse to the prospect of "iConsole"?
I dont know why, but something just doesn't seem right about it...

I think Apple and Nintendo need to forge an alliance of some type. There is no doubting that they have similar design approaches. No need for Apple to compete directly. They can bring a certain type of expertise and mass appeal to the table that Nintendo isn't as good at.

I would like to see Nintendo and Mac combine, but I find it unlikely that a japanese company and an American company will join forces. I also think that if apple made a console an appropriate name would have to be the iCon.