Lost Magic?

SeanXor

Registered
Apr 16, 2006
Indianapolis
seanxor.1up.com
Is anyone else looking forward to this game?

I am excited about it. I like the idea of being able to "cast" spells by drawing runes. I hope one of the Wi-fi modes is a dueling wizards one, where players in real time go back and forth casting spells to defeat the others.

I personally do not like the idea of drawing to cast spells. i hated it in Castlevania DS.... but maybe it will work in this game.

Wow, Lost Magic is incredibly under the radar. I find that the character art style is very reminiscent of the Advance Wars series, which is pretty darn good. I'm also excited about using the stylus to draw spell runes. I read the strength of the spell is influenced by how accurately the player draws the spell runes. The DS could use a few good action rpg titles. I hope this turns out to be one of them. Looks great!

I got this game and it is incredible! The concept is a perfect blending of a Strategy RPG and a Real Time Strategy game (in fact I think it might be the first Real Time Strategy Role Playing Game). The use of the touch screen to cast spells is executed perfectly, and the game's spell/combat system is insanely deep (there are 400 unique spells!) The game does have a few flaws. It is realtivly ugly, with GBA style graphics. Also, the game has some movment problems in that units only move in straight lines and thus get stock on rocks and trees very easily. However, this game is a winner and another great addition to the DS line up.

I bought this game recently, and I'm having an embarrasingly hard time adjusting to it. I haven't played it too much, but its frustrating since I can never seem to draw the spells right when I want to or direct my units efficiently. Some sort of practice mode would have been verrry nice.

I agree on its graphical ugliness, too. I've easily seen prettier GBA games.

I plan to improve at this game and go wifi eventually. Anyone else wanna fight? ^_^