Legend Of Zelda Vs. Super Mario

PrideKidd

Registered
hqdefault.jpg

Or...

snes-640x476.png

I thought it would be fun to see how many of you prefer Zelda or Mario for the NES. I sure do love me some Mario but Zelda is a clear cut winner. Both of these classics will forever hold a special place in my heart but overall I found myself spending more time playing Zelda. How about you?

Here is one of my favorite songs done by Smooth Mcgroove hope you enjoy! :)

Reactions: pandabear1991
Both games are immortal classics but if I had to choose between Mario and Zelda, I would definitely go with Mario. I was never really a huge Zelda fan but by contrast I spent countless hours playing Mario. Still to this day the mere thought of Mario makes me very nostalgic for my childhood.

Hard to say. But going back and playing Zelda today is pretty rough not having a map feature or an indicator on where to go next. The play control in Mario 1 hasnt age the best either.

Neither of them has aged well, it's true, but I would probably choose Zelda due to the fact that I've beaten Mario a bunch of times but only managed to beat Zelda 3 times, it was much harder to young me.

Zelda had a more likeness feel and also more bosses, not just a rescue princess one like the Mario games felt that way sometimes and the graphics were alright not the best. Zelda seemed more like a role playing game and doing quests which was good and interacted with others and got tips sometimes or told where to go next in the game which was nice to have. I did like the Super Mario at times, as it was fun and you would have nice levels to explore and see the Mario world better

I loooved Zelda but it was ridiculously hard. Especially when I go back and play it these days... True, Mario didn't have quite the same sense of accomplishment as Zelda, but it was just as fun and not quite as frustrating when you died. But if I had to choose, I would definitely go with Zelda, if for no other reason than nostalgia.

Even though I am a huge Zelda fan, when it comes to NES I prefer Mario. Just seemed to keep me playing longer. I mean story wise, Zelda wins hands down. But game play wise on NES and how often I would actually play one of these games after beating a few times already, Mario wins. Personal preference though :]

Yes. I would also choose Mario. If you asked which one I would choose from the more recent line-ups then it would most definitely be Zelda. But classic would have to go to Mario for me.

I totally lean towards Zelda. From finding everything item and spell wise was a challenge in itself back in the day before walkthrus. Trying to locate all of the castles, finding secret passages, and Trying desperately to save Zelda. Gotta admit even the 8 bit games were amazing.

Now Super Mario on the other hand is my favorite in another class. Level Based Games, these largely differ in my opinion from open-world type games. It really is hard to put both of them in one class but was just trying to see what everyone thought.

Definitely Mario. I never really got into to any of the Zelda games like I do with all Mario games that I play!

It'll always be Mario for me. I can play the original for hours & often. It's just a perfect game for me. Simplistic as well as complicated as it progresses.

Reactions: PrideKidd
I really love them both though for different reasons. Mario for the level or stage type game and Zelda for open world exploring and collecting. The original Mario is amazing, I can still sit down and play it for hours on end. My mother even still likes playing Mario. Go Mom! :)

The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros may both be legendary fantasy adventure franchises that have been around since the earliest days of the NES, but beyond that are different enough that is a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

The Legend of Zelda isn't technically a RPG per-say, but is very much like a RPG with its magical medieval fantasy setting, combating monsters with the likes of swords and magic wands, massive top-down dungeon crawling, exhaustive arsenal of items to gather, complex puzzles to solve, plethora of hidden secrets, etc.

Super Mario Bros is a simpler, more straight-forward but still immensely fun action oriented side-scroller where for the most part the player proceeds to the left whilst collecting power ups, jumping up goombas, kicking koopa shells, etc. Certainly, it has its share of secrets and even a few puzzles--but nothing comparable to The Legend of Zelda.

Super Mario Bros
is the perfect introductory game that even a very young child could pick up, understand, and enjoy with little difficulty. The Legend of Zelda is geared to a somewhat older audience, such as the teen who enjoys both Dungeons & Dragons and this then-newfangled NES.

For those old enough to enjoy both, it's a matter of what you're more in the mood for at the time: the simple-but-fun side-scroller or the more complex top-down dungeon crawler. At least that was the case for me back in the bad old NES days!

Although this is a tough choice I would have to agree and go with Zelda. Don't get me wrong I love Mario Bros, but Zelda overtakes it. I am more of a puzzle solving person I enjoy playing Zelda, and solving all the puzzles to move on to the next level. The only con about it would be that they do not release new Zelda games as much as Mario games. However the Zelda games that are released are pretty challenging and fun to beat. Mario I would say is not so complex like Zelda and its pretty easy to beat.

The Legend of Zelda, all the way. That shiny gold cartridge! The magnificent music! The open-world excitement! You can't beat that in my mind. It was the first Nintendo game I've ever owned and played, and it was glorious. It's also the very first game I've ever beaten, and listen kids, this was pre-Internet days so let me tell you that it was a feat onto itself. ;)

Although I owned and played an Atari before getting a NES, The Legend of Zelda was my real initiation into gaming, and a game I'll always hold dear to my heart. Funny enough, I recently found my ol' Wii and behold, TLoZ (along with Zelda II, A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time) were waiting for me on the Virtual Console...

In fact, I'm off to go play now. :D

Hopelessly lost in Zelda? Oh, you just need find the maps and the compasses! Make sure that you explore every room, and try backtracking and tossing a bomb at any wall that looks a bit odd! Feel free to enter people's homes and break all of their pottery too, they won't mind--but leave their poultry alone! ;) :p

Both of these games are classic! Perhaps, even that is an understatement. Considering their success and the millions of games that were spawned because of them. In the beginning of Nintendo's life, these two games were its flag bearers. Even now, if you asked anybody which character they consider as the embodiment or representation of what Nintendo was and is all about. To answer the question though, I would have to side with the little Italian plumber, Mario. It was the very first Nintendo game that I have ever seen (and enjoyed). Even until today, I have never played Zelda. However, I have heard of its success years many years before.

hqdefault.jpg

Or...

snes-640x476.png

I thought it would be fun to see how many of you prefer Zelda or Mario for the NES. I sure do love me some Mario but Zelda is a clear cut winner. Both of these classics will forever hold a special place in my heart but overall I found myself spending more time playing Zelda. How about you?

Here is one of my favorite songs done by Smooth Mcgroove hope you enjoy! :)

This is a really tough decision. I am going to go with Mario Bros! Although this game was a 2 D stoller, it had a lot of really hard stages. Overall, this is one of the best games ever created and I loved playing that game. There is a reason this is the classic of classics and the father of all games. Who agrees with me?