Left 4 Dead 3?

Mackmax

Registered
Jan 2, 2015
I was, and still am, a huge Left 4 Dead fan. It was pretty much the first shooter game I didn't completely suck at, lol. The series(if you could call it that) was the main reason I bought an Xbox and Xbox Live, because the online play is great. However, Left 4 Dead 2 came out in 2009, over five years ago. There have been rumors here and there, but no real announcements, which sucks, because I'd love a new Left 4 Dead.

Do you think there will ever be a Left 4 Dead 3? Are there any games similar to Left 4 Dead?

Valve has pretty much confirmed Left 4 Dead 3 as well as Half-Life 3. I'm not really sure when they will be coming out, but I know I will be buying both of them. I have Left 4 Dead 2 for PC and I would play it for hours with my friend. What is even cooler is that I have a PC and he has a Macbook.

I would imagine it's a game that will come inevitably, it's just a matter of time. I liked the first game immensely and spent a ton of time playing it, even getting in the competitive scene a bit. The second game didn't appeal to me quite as much; they introduced a lot more randomness in to the game which really made the competitive aspects a little less fun.

I'm hoping to see a resurgence in the competitive side if/when the third game is released.

L4D3 is happening, but it might not happen for a few years at this point. Surprisingly enough, Payday 1 and 2 are the closest L4D experiences you're going to get because they're almost the same game, except you rob stores and banks instead of killing zombies. A mission in the original Payday even alludes to No Mercy campaign from L4D with appearances by Bill and patient zero.

It had never occurred to me that Payday and Left for Dead had so many parallels, but now that you mention it... the gameplay does flow in a pretty similar fashion. It would be interesting to see if Payday were to be able to be modded to include assets from Left for Dead.

I'd love to get some more strategically based gameplay (in Payday) while still immersed in the Left for Dead universe.

Man, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 were amazing. They were basically the game of the decade back then. I'm fairly skeptical that they will release a L4D3 anytime soon though. I haven't heard any recent news about Valve making an effort on it.

Now that I think of it, Payday 1 and two do share a lot of characteristics with the Left 4 Dead series. Both have ridiculous amounts of enemies, and specials as well. However, Payday is a lot more restricted and has a tighter map than most Left 4 Dead maps. I really like these teamwork-based games.

I absolutely love Left for Dead! I originally had gotten left 4 dead 2, for the PC, and it came with some of the maps from Left 4 Dead 1 on it. I played it the whole summer and gotten nearly every achievement except the 2 hardcore mode ones. The closest game to Left 4 Dead would have to be the Dead Island series. Personally I also love the Dead Island games, it's a pity the new one won't be available on xbox 360, just xbox one. I really hope they make a new left 4 dead game! I would definitely pre-order that game!

I have never played any games in the series. Are the fun playing local co-op? Can you even do so? I've been looking for some fresh co-op games sports games are getting boring.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off on L4D3 while they wait for the zombie craze to die down a bit. I love the the L4D games and I like how they are a bit of a different spin on the genre. However, there are so many zombie games out there right now it's hard to compete.

Hopefully they prove me wrong and release it soon though!

^ Gotta agree. It makes much more sense to do while its on demand. People will be all over it regardless considering how the franchise is. It's just better to do so during that kind of time.