League of Legends

nonsiccus

Registered
Dec 4, 2014
I recently started playing League of Legends and just reached level 30 as a support main on the NA server.

I've been absolutely loving it and am looking to start playing solo or duo ranked queue soon. From how I've been matched up, it looks like my ELO is approximately high silver to mid gold, and so I would like to see if there are any others here that would be interested in playing.

I'd like to flesh my friends list out a bit and see if I can learn more from some more experienced players.

Alternatively, I would love to get feedback on my replays and some meaningful analysis of my play. I prefer to main Thresh and Nami, though also play Janna and Sona effectively.

I would highly suggest just adding people you play with. There are a number of people who are actually very friendly, and even though you will probably never meet them, they're probably decent people to play with. Also, feel free to ask people in real life, and introduce friends to LoL as well.

League of Legends is like an intro game for Heroes of Newerth or DotA 2. I used to play there until it got to the point I could pick absolutely any Hero and carry my team to victory. I could Go anywhere on the map and kill anyone I wanted. There just was not enough of a challenge for me so i stopped playing. If you ever feel the need to play a game like LoL but with more of a challenge look em up on HoN or DotA. I am on DotA more than HoN these days as we are gearing up for the next International Tournament.

There are some things I miss about LoL tho i wish Dota would get some additional maps liek LoL has. HoN does a few interesting things with Maps but DotA only does special things for holidays and promotional events. I would love to see them do a few additional maps like LoL has.

I tried getting in to Dota2 but found the way it controlled to be a little too clunky for my liking. I think the thing that really put me off was the locked turn rates for various champions. I understand that it likely increases the skill cap and requirement for good positioning, but it felt like a very contrived and arbitrary limitation that really reduced the responsiveness of controls.

I tried getting in to Dota2 but found the way it controlled to be a little too clunky for my liking. I think the thing that really put me off was the locked turn rates for various champions. I understand that it likely increases the skill cap and requirement for good positioning, but it felt like a very contrived and arbitrary limitation that really reduced the responsiveness of controls.

What do you mean by Locked Turn rates? As far as skill cap it is the same for all heros level 25 is the max skill level any hero can ever be. I a still trying t understand what you man by Locked Turn rates. Maybe once you reply we can better address that.

What do you mean by Locked Turn rates? As far as skill cap it is the same for all heros level 25 is the max skill level any hero can ever be. I a still trying t understand what you man by Locked Turn rates. Maybe once you reply we can better address that.

Different heroes in DotA turn at different rates, have different attack animation/base attack time etc. Personally I love it as it increases the skill ceiling and makes sure that no two heroes feel the same.

When I say locked turn rate, I mean that heroes are only able to turn at a certain number of degrees per second. This means that if I were to click from left to right, each hero would take a different amount of time to actually turn around. This differs from League in that the heroes would immediately begin moving the opposite direction, not requiring time to turn.

With skill ceiling I don't mean in the in-game skills and abilities, I mean the actual ability for a champion to be played well. For example, an amateur sports player's skill ceiling will be much lower than that of a professional, simply because the professional can accomplish so much more with the exact same tools. The tools themselves are inconsequential, it's the ability to utilize it to the absolute maximum potential.

Yeah, my issue with that is simply that the turn rates makes the game control feel somewhat sluggish. I'm used to having my character (in any game genre) react instantly to my commands. Think FPS games like Quake where a keystroke or mouse movement is reflected instantly ingame, without having these intermediate steps that slow things down.

I will bet the turn rates of the DotA heroes are based on your character speed. Attack rates are definitely based on you attack speed. I am getting ready to play DotA now so i will check for sure how close my assumption of the turn rates are as my hero levels up I will check his turn rates out compared to his movement speed.

I love league of Legends but I am playing pretty bad, because I always feed others:cool::cool:. My favourite champions are Leblanc, Ahri and Ezreal; I can get many kills if I am using them. My friends said lol is harder than Dota but i don't know, because I haven't played on Dota yet.

I'm pretty excited about Snowdown Showdown this year, got enough RP for Poro Rider Sejuani and maybe some more!

I do not think I can play DOTA or Heroes since the learning curve for league of legends took awhile. I also have a lot of friends on League of Legends, so sometimes we troll if we aren't focusing on solo que.

The problem with the turn-system is that it feels unnatural for a lot of players. It is great to be innovative and try a a new technique to see if it works better, but the problem is most people are coming from other games where it is not used, and therefore feels ackwards for a long time. A lot of players never get past it before they quit

I've actually been starting a set of tutorials for League, I just wrote up the first today. I decided to go one thing at a time and split it into sets. Things such as Zoning, Spacing, Trading, Teamfighting, etc. would be split into their own articles. If anyone wants to check out the first one and give me some feedback on both the writing and the content, I would love it. Here is a link: http://brianmally.hubpages.com/_3ev5hkxx8vnny/hub/League-of-Legends-Spacing