Kingdom Hearts?

Brady2121

Registered
Dec 1, 2014
If you have read any of my other post on the forum, you will know, Kingdom Hearts is by far my favorite gaming series around. Maybe it's my strange attraction to Disney and Final Fantasy, but I can play through Kingdom Hearts a 100 times and never get bored.

So my question is, what are your thought on the Kingdom Hearts series? Have you ever played it? What did you think about it?

When I first saw Kingdom Hearts, I was in agreerance with what the media and others were saying about the game.

"It wouldn't work. Why would you clash Final Fantasy and Disney together? They're two separate entities and you're going to ruin them for me!"

It wasn't until a few months later, that out of morbid curiosity that I wanted to give it a try. After successfully renting it from Blockbuster, I played it for the first time.

Ho-ly. Crap. I actually loved it. The story was simple and the characters were fun. I was excited to see all of who were in the game and what fan favorite of Disney and SquareSoft's characters would I meet next!

In the end, I loved Kingdom Hearts...The first one. After that, I didn't like the second one. There was something...missing in the second one that didn't have the same appeal as the first one did. :/

I quite like the series, the first being one of my fondest memories for PS2 games. I just think they should have put out 3 earlier instead of releasing tonnes of other games in the series all on different consoles, just makes things unnecessarily confusing. When 3 finally comes out I'll definitely pick it up however.

I've never played it myself but I've watched my friend play it countless times and whenever he was playing all I could do was watch because he would pretty much just ignore me so I'm assuming it was a very good game. I watched the gameplay and I did find it very interesting but since it's probably a very long game to finish I never attempted to even start and get addicted to it for fear of using up my whole summer vacation at the time.

I love this series. It's a masterpiece. I played through all the games (except Coded on the DS I think) and battle engine-wise, my favorite is Kingdom Hearts 2. I guess I love that reaction button and team attacks (hehe Auron). Kingdom Hearts series as a whole is incredibly fun and adorable. Although the plot can have its confusing moments (and that heart-shaped moon anyone?). I have half a mind to buy Kingdom Hearts 2.5 for the Final Mix content even though I still have my still working PS2 KH games. I'm really excited for the third game and it's on the next gen consoles too. It's one of my primary reasons to jump in and finally join the next generation (the other one is FFXV). I'd get this game as soon as it launches worldwide.

I'm quite excited too. I felt like it was kind of the Who Framed Roger Rabbit or games, where you just have many different characters in one game. Of course, that's only part of the appeal of it. The gameplay was great, the story was great, and integrating many Disney characters into this game was perfect. Definitely looking forward to the next installment.

When I first saw Kingdom Hearts, I was in agreerance with what the media and others were saying about the game.

"It wouldn't work. Why would you clash Final Fantasy and Disney together? They're two separate entities and you're going to ruin them for me!"

It wasn't until a few months later, that out of morbid curiosity that I wanted to give it a try. After successfully renting it from Blockbuster, I played it for the first time.

Ho-ly. Crap. I actually loved it. The story was simple and the characters were fun. I was excited to see all of who were in the game and what fan favorite of Disney and SquareSoft's characters would I meet next!

In the end, I loved Kingdom Hearts...The first one. After that, I didn't like the second one. There was something...missing in the second one that didn't have the same appeal as the first one did. :/

I really enjoyed Kingdom Hearts 2, but I agree Kingdom Hearts 1 had something very special about it!

Thanks for all the replies guys! I do agree the plot can be confusing at times, but once you figure it out, you won't be able to stop playing!

The game was amazing when I first played it. I loved everything about it. The mystery, The worlds, The events. Especially the costume changes when you entered a new world. Night before Christmas anyone?
I did play the second installment but I never got to finish it. I was pretty addicted.

It is pretty easy to get addicted to. The mystery and the depth in the game was one of the things that just kept me going. I am looking to play the second installment and check out the ending in this one.

Reactions: Brady2121
Kingdom Hearts 1 was great, and Sora remains one of my favorite JRPG characters. I did find the placement of some Disney characters to be weird though, but that's just me.

I love the first game immensely, and the second game is tolerable because it still sort of has the whole Disney idea behind it. However, I'm not really a big fan of their portable games. Based on their portable games alone, I'm really worried about the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3.

I love the first game immensely, and the second game is tolerable because it still sort of has the whole Disney idea behind it. However, I'm not really a big fan of their portable games. Based on their portable games alone, I'm really worried about the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3.

I think Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be a big hit. I've personally found the portable games to be quite enjoyable, especially Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance. They are also very important in the storyline. But that's just my opinion! ;)

Kingdom Hearts II is pretty much a button masher. I enjoy the epicness of the series and the FF/Disney crossover but can't ignore that you just need to press the attack button mindlessly to win. Am I alone on this?

Kingdom Hearts II is pretty much a button masher. I enjoy the epicness of the series and the FF/Disney crossover but can't ignore that you just need to press the attack button mindlessly to win. Am I alone on this?

We will all admit the gameplay isn't the greatest. But to be honest, I play because I enjoy the story, not because it has the world's best gameplay. However, you can strategize on the game so it doesn't become such a button masher.