Jailbroken PS3

joshposh

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
trafficmonsoon.com
What are your thought on Jailbroken consoles? You can easily download games off the internet. 1000 of titles to chose from. Your thoughts?

When it comes to messing with consoles, I feel a little weird, like I need to wash myself afterwards (okay, maybe not that). I'd prefer to get those "free" games on the PC and not screw with the consoles considering that while it does open many windows, it closes some as well (going online, bad ROMs, the possibility of getting screwed over and bricking the console). That being said, I jailbroke my Wii and it was awesome.

Yeah, PS3 jailbreaking requires a special firmware and it means you can't play online. Honestly the games are so cheap now it doesn't matter. I'd rather pirate games on PC than try to mess with all that, too much effort for too little.

I'm not too in favor of this because I think playing online is a great experience as I once used to dream of being able to do it with my past consoles so now that it's here I like to take advantage as much as possible. I understand why some people do it though some games are expensive and if you end up buying a lot it adds up.

Jailbreaking your console is not as easy and flawless as pirating a game on PC. You risk bricking your console if it ever goes online. On the other hand, jail breaking it is also immoral and illegal. Why would you want to do that?

Jailbreaking your console is not as easy and flawless as pirating a game on PC. You risk bricking your console if it ever goes online. On the other hand, jail breaking it is also immoral and illegal. Why would you want to do that?
There are legit reasons, like playing backups, using homebrew apps and playing PS2 games that are not compatible with the console itself. The benefits don't outweigh the disadvantages for me though, but it's up to the person doing it if he's ok with the risks or not.

There are legit reasons, like playing backups, using homebrew apps and playing PS2 games that are not compatible with the console itself. The benefits don't outweigh the disadvantages for me though, but it's up to the person doing it if he's ok with the risks or not.
My only question is, how am I going to go online once I jailbreak my PS3? Isn't it illegal to do so. Even if I manage to play games online, I always risk losing all my access to online content they might block me for good.

My only question is, how am I going to go online once I jailbreak my PS3? Isn't it illegal to do so. Even if I manage to play games online, I always risk losing all my access to online content they might block me for good.
Like I said, people going into that know what they want. It's not illegal, and you'll get banned if you go online. So if people feel like it's worth it for them then they can go ahead, knowing the risks fully. If you want online play, don't do it.

Yes it depends on the person. However, I just bought a separate PS3 for these purposes, and I got with a buddy I trust and let him do his thing. It really was for the kids in my family though. Their parents won't let them play online so it didn't matter.