It's almost time for The Order 1886

avalonx

Registered
Feb 8, 2015
Who else is excited? I love Gears of War and this looks like it will scratch that itch. I hope it isn't totally reliant on QTE's as some have hinted. The game looks gorgeous and the PS4 could really use a strong IP. I have it pre ordered through the PSN store. Anyone else day 1?

Reliant on QTE? That nonsense had been debunked long ago. Haven't you seen any of the later trailers and gameplay footage videos? I have it pre ordered as well. But my copy is a physical one. I only buy digital games when that is the ONLY way to get a certain game. If I have a choice, it's always a disc copy for me.

Reliant on QTE? That nonsense had been debunked long ago. Haven't you seen any of the later trailers and gameplay footage videos? I have it pre ordered as well. But my copy is a physical one. I only buy digital games when that is the ONLY way to get a certain game. If I have a choice, it's always a disc copy for me.

I have seen the gameplay which is why I am excited about it. Sometimes though you never really know until a game launches if what they showed was what they wanted you to see. I had a ton of digital credit on PSN just sitting there so I decided this was going to be my first real digital pre order. Normally though, its disc for me also.

I would be excited about it if the game wasn't crippled right from the start. 2.40:1 AR and 30 fps in 2015, yeah, you can keep your game to yourself, Sony.

I've only seen trailers, and I've got to say that it looks incredibly interesting. Not sure how I feel about the game play though? The graphics and story look great, but so did Ryse: Son of Rome and look how crappy that turned out. I'll wait until it comes out and someone does a playthrough to see if it's worth buying.

I have seen the gameplay which is why I am excited about it. Sometimes though you never really know until a game launches if what they showed was what they wanted you to see. I had a ton of digital credit on PSN just sitting there so I decided this was going to be my first real digital pre order. Normally though, its disc for me also.

Well now the game is starting to fall into people's hands. And even they are saying the game isn't QTE reliant. So now, we're talking about actual people owning the game dispelling the QTE rumor

Reactions: avalonx
Well now the game is starting to fall into people's hands. And even they are saying the game isn't QTE reliant. So now, we're talking about actual people owning the game dispelling the QTE rumor

This is great news actually and in this case I hope I am wrong. Sony needs this IP to be great and honestly the setting is fantastic. I wonder if there is any split screen? Either way, it's a day one purchase and I am looking forward to it.

I've been hearing the game is mostly cutscenes and incredibly short. At least, that's what everyone on NeoGaf is saying I haven't played or watched for myself since I haven't planned on buying this game.

The order is a massive disappointment in my opinion, fair enough it looks and plays amazing but for a game costing this much, to be able to complete it in a weekend is shocking really. Its not even as if you can go back and complete the game again doing different things, its a straight line from beginning to end, if anybody on here hasn't bought it, my advice would be to don't. Rent a copy, enjoy it for what it is, then give it back when you've completed it...a couple of days later no doubt.

It's also said to be the most traded-in title in recent history, so you can just wait a few more weeks and then get it for a price of a rental anyway.

It's also said to be the most traded-in title in recent history, so you can just wait a few more weeks and then get it for a price of a rental anyway.
And after playing it, its easy to see why.
Surely the game developers must know when a game is ready to be released and what video gamers want, sure its nice to have good graphics and a nice story to watch, play and look at but there also got to be some depth and meaning to the gameplay aswell.
It wasn't never advertised as an open world game, fair enough but I expected more substance to the game and to be able to complete it in a weekend, like I said is beyond a joke for the price.

This sounds so disappointing! I was really looking forward to this game! It looked like a gem., but now clearly I'll be re-thinking the purchase.A friend of mine said it was if COD and Assassins Creed 1 had a really ugly baby together that this would be the result. Can anyone explain the games mechanics? Good fighting? Good story? Upgrade tree?

The game its pretty much more of a cinematic presentation than an actual game. Long cut scenes and dialogue that you have to watch and listen to. Then you have a bit of walking around to do (it tells you where you need to go) you can't go anywhere and interact as and when you want. Then there a bit of fighting involved, similar to assassins creed but not nearly as well done. Then once that's over its on to another dramatic cut scene to watch, its that kind of thing.
There obviously more time and effort gone into the presentation than the actual gameplay, I wouldn't necessarily say its a bad game, just nowhere near as good as all the hype made it out to be, and, like I said before, once the story has been told and you've completed it, there's not much else to do.

And after playing it, its easy to see why.
Surely the game developers must know when a game is ready to be released and what video gamers want, sure its nice to have good graphics and a nice story to watch, play and look at but there also got to be some depth and meaning to the gameplay aswell.
It wasn't never advertised as an open world game, fair enough but I expected more substance to the game and to be able to complete it in a weekend, like I said is beyond a joke for the price.

People are desperately rushing to get games out on the next gen consoles, because they really have nothing right now.. and this is what you get. The Order is pretty much PS4's Ryse.

Probably a good example ofthat is drive club.
Wasn't it supposed to be out at the same time as the ps4 and showcase the potential that the ps4 has?
For one it was postponed how many times? And even when it was released it was flawed, especially the online which I'm not even sure is fixed now.
Sure, it looks amazing but playability is extremely poor from what I've played.
Just another example of a game being rushed.