iToy=PS3

Brad2008

Registered
Apr 21, 2006
Michigan, USA
What kind of features do you guys think will be incorporated into the iToy for the PS3?

I think that you will be able to put your face up to the screen and the screen will recognize your face and load your cooresponding game up.

Just one idea! (maybe not a good one, maybe so)

What do you think?

Awww man that would be sick. but i think the iTOY would have pretty much the same features everone loved in the first one. Also i think with the Playstation HUB,PS3's version of XBOX Live, u should be able to have ur own pic on online account.

I like the idea of being able to create your own avatar for online (and offline) playing. Also, maybe a video capture mode for a fighting game where you not only create your character to play, but also record some the moves via eye toy and a basic motion capture setting, that would be kinda sweet.

I doubt the video capture thing... I mean there are huge motion capture studios so I don't think you'd be able to do it with jost an iToy

Brad2008 said:
What kind of features do you guys think will be incorporated into the iToy for the PS3?

I think that you will be able to put your face up to the screen and the screen will recognize your face and load your cooresponding game up.

Just one idea! (maybe not a good one, maybe so)
That would be awesume...

I'd use my face on my online character, then I could scare off all my oponents in battle....

LOL

ActionHank said:
I wonder if people are actually going to do anything with the iToy? It was out for the PS2 was it not, and noone did anything with it then.
Tony Hawk's - Underground 2 (PS2) would let you take a picture of your face with the iToy and use it for your offline gamming... That was pretty cool...

Peace,

ActionHank said:
I wonder if people are actually going to do anything with the iToy? It was out for the PS2 was it not, and noone did anything with it then.
Prolly not. I foresee It getting a sparse number of games, and random compatibility with SCEA games.

Accessories like this aren't usually gaming-worthy. I intend to avoid the Eyetoy unless it offers something I can game using it...and I'm not talking about dancing around to "hit" things.

Yes, I've never been much a supporter of gaming peripherals. I had the light gun for the NES, but I never bought a Power Glove or Power Pad or anything like that. So far, the EyeToy seems a bit silly, but maybe they'll come out with some truly great games that use it well. It's somewhat conceivable that 3rd party developers might come up with titles that use Wii's controller simplistically enough so that they can port the game to PS3 and use EyeToy in a similar fashion - gesture based gaming.

basilmunroe said:
Yes, I've never been much a supporter of gaming peripherals. I had the light gun for the NES, but I never bought a Power Glove or Power Pad or anything like that. So far, the EyeToy seems a bit silly, but maybe they'll come out with some truly great games that use it well. It's somewhat conceivable that 3rd party developers might come up with titles that use Wii's controller simplistically enough so that they can port the game to PS3 and use EyeToy in a similar fashion - gesture based gaming.
I knew a guy that wore his power glove to school every day... Sad, very sad...