isolated or not?

Darth_Jonas

Future Emperor
Registered
Nov 16, 2005
right behind you
Depending on which source you read or hear, the 360 problems are either isolated and insignificant compared to those that work OR it is a widespread catastrophe. Which one is it really? I've heard that less than 3% actually have problems, but then I've heard they all overheat.

What's the most dependable?

As I understand it:

Less than 3% have serious problems that require repair.

However the power supply (that brick on the power cord) is designed poorly and the 360 sucks tons of juice, so the power supply itself gets incredibly hot by design. How severely this affects the console is a case-by-case thing dependent on other factors.

We've had our xbox 360 since launch, we've played a TON of it (also my dad and brother have them and have been playing a ton).

NONE of us have had any problems or overheating. I know that doesn't say anything about trends overall, but that's been our experience...

Indeed, I think the majority are fully functional. Can't forget though, if there's 3% that need repair, that's 33 times better than the PS2 launch problems.

So far, everything has worked just fine for me. Of course, I don't put mine on carpeted floor with the power supply stuck with no ventilation. It does get warm, but no warmer than a computer or a wall wart.

See it would be one thing if the xbox360 blew up every 1 outta of 150 consoles sold, but since the "problems" that are occuring are so minor everyone is like yo dude its a terrible system dont get it etc. 3% is so minute you think that everyone would of just looked over it. Most of my friends have the system and not expeirenced one single thing wrong, except taken they're time away from activities that actually accomplish something :tongue:

Matt

I haven't heard of any problems from the consoles released at the first of January. In fact, I'm told they were fixed. Is this true? I have had no problems from mine.

LOL yea i was just comparing things hypotheticaly, the overheating problems are minute in what could happen ala PS2 disc read errors haha

Matt