Is Rockstar arrogant?

pcgamer

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
Rockstar is an amazing game developer. Don't get me wrong here. They have a really good reputation when it comes to games. They have rarely floundered. I am talking about PC gaming here. There is no other company that is so arrogant and ignorant about the huge PC gaming masses Despite the outcries to release the game simultaneously, they delay every GTA game by a good couple of months. The gap continues to increase with GTA V which will release after more than 1 year of console release. What do you think is the reason behind that?

I'm not sure what their reason is exactly but I don't think it's due to arrogance. If anything it's probably related to piracy concerns, in my opinion. They don't come off as making decisions out of arrogance to me, based on how much care they put into their games and how they don't try to squeeze out every micro transaction they can out of their fans, even when many of their competitors already get away with doing it.

I like Rockstar as a whole. Their games development moto of being different from everyone else has proven to be prosperous. Arrogance? I don't know about that, but they do know what they are worth.

I think it comes to costs and production time,as they may be facing errors which take time to fix up and cost time and money which can delay the game on the PC. It takes time to make a game,and getting it on the console must be easier to do and, as it is easier for people to play using a controller they probably make that first than the PC one. Rockstar do make great games,and know what the fans want and ideas must take time and which ones work and what does not work. It takes a lot of effort to make a game, and polygons of a character so it looks good and plays well too, so they have to check it will work and remove the ones that do not work.

I think it comes to costs and production time,as they may be facing errors which take time to fix up and cost time and money which can delay the game on the PC. It takes time to make a game,and getting it on the console must be easier to do and, as it is easier for people to play using a controller they probably make that first than the PC one. Rockstar do make great games,and know what the fans want and ideas must take time and which ones work and what does not work. It takes a lot of effort to make a game, and polygons of a character so it looks good and plays well too, so they have to check it will work and remove the ones that do not work.

How come other companies like CD Project Red manages to figure everything out just in time while a developer like Rockstar struggles to release a game simultaneously on PC?