Is online important For games to have

STOP STOP tantalizeing me your just being mean now. And ofcourse i'll be on i'm on most of my day this is like heaven for me. I'm already set up two TV's one for G4's telivised. and one for games. And my computer right next to it so i can check up on everything every five mins.

For shooters they should have both an amazing single player and then an amazing online gameplay. I always love playing the single player mode cause thats where you learn your basics and you can never get enough of basics in a game. I play the online part and incorporate what I learn in single player mode into my online gameplay. In short, a game should be good enough to have the player wanting to play both the online and single player modes of the game.

I think that with the expansion and growth rate of technology the possibilities will drastically increase with the way MMO's are set up. Think about if you took a game like GTA and apply the same model as FFXI on a system that could support vast numbers of users. Entire worlds could be made. Obviously this wouldn't work for all games, but I definitely think we'll see some breakthroughs in the way MMO's are used

Yep i know where you guys are going with this. I honestly never buy a game unles it is online because i like enjoying gaming with my m8's. Ok ye i play single player aswell but if my m8's r on the i go and play with them . I would reccommend fight night round 3 . Ownage game online and off

online for every game would be cool i guess, but im not sure if it would work for every game, or at least some games would not be worth putting online. but i enjoy talking to people across the world

Online play is good.. but it's not a must.

If there's a good solid offline game I'd still consider getting it.

'Course if they did give it an good online mode it would transform it from a good game and into a great game.

ok i think its not important to have live for games wit out multiplayer but i think most games that have multiplayer should have live it just the game funner 2 play after u beat it like halo2 ive been playin on live sicne it came out but games like fable i mean i no its a older game now but y the hell did they put live on that i mean come on there is no reson for it

I use to but only games that had online play but then I realized is all about the gameplay. So now I don't care about if it's online or not...just a bonus feature.

spudlyff8fan said:
Well, I think that fighting games and FPSs, and anything that is squad-based NEEDS online multiplayer. Everything else...maybe needs it.

I agree 100% I play GRAW~ and I beat the campain in like a week .If it wasn't for the on;ine aspect that game would be colecting dust now so I think online is the best thing to happen to gaming.

I don't play much offline, so I buy games based on how well the online is rated, talked about, or a new edition to a game that I've enjoyed in the past...

Most new FPS online games I run out and buy, others categories, I rent first...

I think developers should create "online only" games, it would a great market for them and I believe we would end up with better online games... instead of a regular game that been contoured to play online...

Peace,

Yes to me it is very important...I only play games that are online because single player is usually very boring...

I think it certainly does depend on the type of game. I don't think a game like Metroid Prime or Resident Evil 4 needs to be online, but there are so many other games that are screaming to be online. Sports, FPS, and racing games are a must online. Even games with great single player experiences have people clamoring for online play. The GTA series is a good example. I guess it just depends on how well the online aspect of the game is executed. If it means prolonging the release of a game for a whole year, then I doubt most people would want to wait for an online component to a game that doesn't really need it, such as a pure action platformer like God of War. It wouldn't make much sense.

I'll agree in general with "depends" both for this post and for most things in life.

Online modes can make the difference between an OK and a great game.

Halo, for example, would entirely suck if it were only offline. Star Wars Battlefront and SOCOM would be OK offline, but rock online. Truly good solo games don't really need an online component, and some puzzle games should have online elements. At this point in the game industry, any sports game should have an online mode.

Okay so we can it agree it can vary from game to game. FPS, Sports, Racing, And Fighing games are good online. From what i've heard most of you they need to be online.

Well how about this. In order for any of those genres work is it mandatory for online play?

I think it's not. Yes it is a great add on but not a need. Black for example is a great game. Sure online would be nice to have. But it did not drive the sales of the game. I dont mind for online play on games i like it. My thing is I dont want it to be the reason i play or keep a game. If companies on push for online play then what would be the point of making a single player asspect?

OP3 NinjaMan said:
Great for about 4 hours and 39 minutes, glad I rented it...

Yes it was short. but the game initself was great. So sad that it was so easy. But to expand on the Single portion of the game would be good.