Is it worth it?

Maxprime94

Registered
Nov 8, 2014
Hey!

I really just wanted to know the opinions of a couple people before I actually go out and buy something. I haven't had a gaming console in a long time but have been saving up for one. I know there are two competitors in the race, the PS4 and the Xbox one. I am currently leaning on the PS4 hence why I'm posting here. I'd love to hear everything you have to say about it, positive or negative. Everything is welcome!

Thanks

Reactions: Mark Mulkeen
I own both, but honestly, there's nothing I can say that you can't find out on your own over the net. But at the moment, I would say the most drawing feature for the PS4 is Shareplay. If you have friends far away that have the PS4, they can literally let you play their games without you having to pay for them with it.

I'm glad you posted this thread as I've been wondering the same thing myself. I'm not one to go out and buy a system immediately, I like to give a little time for the kinks to work out (and the price to settle down a little after all the initial hype is over, lol). Plus I like to know what I'm getting into and not end up disappointed that I spent my money on a system. From everything I'm hearing, I'm strongly leaning towards the ps4 myself.

Honestly, it's a video game system. It's always going to be worth it at some point or another. When you're a gamer, there are always games that come out for every system that you either want or are curious about.

For me what it comes down to titles and which console has the ones I'm looking for. What I would do is give thought to the types of games I play and think about the titles that are already out before I make my decision. Then it would come down to pricing, which console cost more and which one i'll spend more time on. I really would have to look at what console i'm going to need as opposed to which one I am going to want.

Rule of thumb with most new technology, is to let the bugs and kinks get ironed out before purchasing. You also could wait for the the second generation games to come out. Launch title are known to be mediocre because of the new technology.

As what many people will say, it comes down to the exclusive titles that will be on the console. Bloodborne, The Order, the true home for Final Fantasy XV (because Final Fantasy feels right on Playstation) to list a few. You also get a Blu-Ray player and if you're up for it PS Plus is the greatest thing ever (free games every month and discounts and Beta access). And yes, Shareplay kicks butt.

Yes, the PS4 is worth it. It offers some amazing features and the exclusives are really awesome. Not to mention most multi-platform games are superior because they run in 1080p at 60FPS where-as the xbox one counterparts only run at 980p.

I think ps4 is the better choice for this generation. I admit I'm a little biased because I've been going with Sony ever since their PS1 but until recently I really didn't think there was much difference in the two competitors. However, now I think after hearing MS focus too much on the voice and gesture controls I think PS has a few more gaming related features that might be more attractive to the gaming crowd such as Remote Play which allows you to play you PS4 games on a Vita wherever you are as long as you have a good internet connection.

Reactions: DarkGizmo
What types of games do you want to play? Sony and Microsoft have a few first party exclusives here and there, so look into which consoles has more exclusives you'd like.

Reactions: DarkGizmo
That's also true. Go with the console of which's exclusives interest you more and make your decision based off that. At the end of the day, it all comes down to one thing anyway for consoles and that's the games. Buy the one that has the games that interest you most and that you'd want to play.

I'd honestly wait it out. It's been about a year and there are still bugs on both consoles. I don't know about X Box but the PS4 is still rolling out features. I'd just wait until they've got all of the kinks worked out. But that's just me. If you're willing to jump in and hope for the best just go for it.

Ultimately, it comes down to what type of games you prefer. Each systems has their own exclusives, although they are getting fewer and far between. The reason why I ultimately have purchased PS systems trh the years is because oft exclusives such as MLB The Show, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, God of War, Sly Cooper, etc.

It is also worth bearing in mind that the Project Morpheus is becoming closer to being a really on the PS4. I do think that as of right now, Xbox One has the advantage when it comes to apps and streaming, so if this is something that is important to you, then this should also be taken into consideration.

imo PS3 if only one can be chosen for now. Lower price for hardware, games, and accessories. A higher more diverse range and library of games. Better scoring games. You don't have to pay for a subscription to play games with multiplayer. More classics available on PSN store. Metal Gear Solid 4.

One thing that is worth bearing in mind if you decide to purchase a PS3 over a PS4 of Xbox One is its life-span. From everything that I have read, developers will continue to release games on the PS3 until 2016, however, it's worth bearing in mind that a lot of the sports games that are released on the PS3 are stripped down versions and all of the focus is put towards current gen consoles. A prime example of this is NBA 2k15.

Well, there have been a few critically lauded games that are exclusively released for the PS4, such as The Last of Us. It's been a while since the PS4 was released, and there are probably tons of refurbished ones on the web. I can't afford one right now, so I'm sticking to PC gaming. However, some of my friends say it's worth it to buy for those games, so I say, treat yourself this Christmas!

Well, there have been a few critically lauded games that are exclusively released for the PS4, such as The Last of Us. It's been a while since the PS4 was released, and there are probably tons of refurbished ones on the web. I can't afford one right now, so I'm sticking to PC gaming. However, some of my friends say it's worth it to buy for those games, so I say, treat yourself this Christmas!

I really don't think the PS4 has had a chance to hit it's stride yet. I'm an Xbox guy but I really think that there will be a lot of great things coming out for PlayStation. I'm a PC gamer as well, so worse case scenario, PC is always a win.

I would say the PS4 is worth it now that bundles packed with a few games are being offerred at most retailers and websites. I got mine a few months ago and have not been regretting the purchase whatsoever, and I would cite the positives as having some great HD remasters, powerful hardware, insanely good deals and free games monthly with PS Plus and easy to use sharing and streaming.

The negatives would be the dashboard is kind of a mixed bag, not inundated with tonnes of ads compared to the Xbox but it's not very intuitive and doesn't show everything you want/requires lots of scrolling. Sony still hasn't figured out how to do a good party system for talking with friends with is unfortunate, and there isn't as much multitasking as the Xbox can do, which could also be attributed to the Playstation being a "gaming" console and the Xbox as a multimedia center.

I haven't had the pleasure of playing on an Xbox One yet, but from what I've heard, because I've made my own research as well, I think that the Playstation4 is slightly better than the Xbox One.
However, what you should really judge by is the exclusive games for both consoles. Do you like the Xbox Ones better? Go ahead and buy an Xbox One then. I'd say when it comes to that, they're on par, because both have great games.

My brothers have a PS4 and while I personally do not use it for other than watching Hulu, The one thing that is absolutely awesome about it in my personal opinion is the Share Play feature. One of my brothers friend had the game Destiny and he was able to play the game with his friend through Share Play without having to buy it.

That's a pretty cool feature. I don't know much else about it but take my opinion for what its worth I guess.