Is it worth getting a PS3? What are the big differences?

gh0st233

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
My friend has recently bought a PlayStation 3, and it wasn't that cheap, either. He paid around 300€ for it, as far as I know. He traded a PS Vita for it and added about 200€. I think that's too expensive for such an old console. I told him he should have waited, added some more money, and then bought a PlayStation 4. What are the big differences. I know there are HUGE performance differences, but I mean, what are the differences in games released. What games are next-gen exclusives, that aren't available on PS3, and will there be more games released on PS3?

If you like media servers like I do, then the PS3 is definitely worth it because PS4 does not even support the feature. Really pathetic for a supposed "next-gen" system.

PS3 has an extensive library of games. There is a lifetime of games available to play. the fun factor is still there, so I don't see a downside of owning a PS3. You can pick up a used PS3 cheap off of ebay.

I think it's a matter of preference, but the people that think they're going to stop making PS3 games anytime soon are mistaken. That's just not the case at all.

I agree, I don't think now is a good time to buy a brand new PS3 since the price is just too close to the new consoles. Although, I still think the purchase is worth it if he really wants the console and the game library that comes with it since it already has loads of available games for it while with the PS4 you'd have to wait a while for the library to build up. Either is a worthy purchase as long as the purchaser enjoys the product.

Well, I'd rather wait for a few games to come out on PS4, than pay almost the same price for an old console. If I really want a console, and don't want to get one of the next-gen ones before games come out, I'd wait for some to come out, and in the meantime, play PC games. I managed 6 months of not playing anything, since my GPU was fried, I don't see why he couldn't wait.