Is anyone still playing Super Smash Bros Brawl?

GlacialDoom

Registered
Nov 22, 2014
Oradea, Romania
I've only recently got a Wii, and I am saving up for a Wii U already. In the meanwhile, I'm playing Brawl like crazy and I am interested whether anyone else is still playing it, now that it's outdated. I have to say, I've played the other Super Smash Bros games (except 4 on Wii U), and I still think that this game is the best of its series. I'm gonna have to see if that still holds true once I get SSB4, though.

Since the new one just came out Friday I'm not sure you're going to find too many people still playing the Wii one (and then there was the 3DS version released not to long ago as well). I don't personally play them (I lack any of the Wii systems), but my boyfriend plays them pretty avidly.

I hope you find someone to play with :D Most people I know who play Smash move onto the next game right when it comes out though.

Yes I am still playing smash bros! What a silly question, I think everyone plays this game every once in a while, it never gets boring. I purchased the wii-U version a couple of weeks ago, and I am having tons of fun with it so far.

I still play Brawl occasionally. I thoroughly enjoyed the story mode in that game. But I agree with Squallsnake, Melee is definitely my favorite in the series!

I'm part of a casual gaming club at my university. Since we only have a GameCube, we mainly focus on Melee. After the new SSB got released, a lot of my friends made the immediate switch. However, I do still play Brawl from time to time with my brother, usually just to practice. I don't have a lot of time this year for gaming. School was so stressful :(

I think Brawl will still maintain some sort of community around the game even in the face of the release of the newer games on Wii U and 3DS. I don't think it will be as big as the community that stuck to Melee following Brawl's release, because the community didn't seem to take too well the changes in gameplay, but as is always the case there will be some that prefer what Brawl can offer to the newer games. Personally, I'm really enjoying the new game and can't see myself playing Brawl ever again, but as I've said that might not be the case for others.

That game is near the top for my favorite games in the Mario franchise. My son and I still play it on the Wii occasionally. I have seen the commercials for the Wii U version. It looks identical. I would think they would tweak it up a little, instead they just repackaged it under a different format and reissued it. Disappointing if you ask me.

After spending a ton of time playing through the new 3DS and Wii U versions, I would say these are the best games but the online component is totally jacked up (again). It is so laggy it is literally unplayable, if you can even get into a match. Nintendo really needs help putting their games online because they keep messing up their key franchises. It is super frustrating.

Reactions: Brady2121
After spending a ton of time playing through the new 3DS and Wii U versions, I would say these are the best games but the online component is totally jacked up (again). It is so laggy it is literally unplayable, if you can even get into a match. Nintendo really needs help putting their games online because they keep messing up their key franchises. It is super frustrating.

Nintendo never has been good at the whole "online" thing. They should probably call PSN and get some pointers! :p

I don't play Super Smash Brothers Brawl anywhere near as much as I did but from time to time when my friends over I like to dust off the Wii and have a brawl against my friends. I don't think Brawl will ever get boring, it's just too much fun. It's probably my favorite Wii game.

I still play SSBB, but I don't play it as much. Sometimes I just play it to have some fun, and then I end up spending more time than I wanted to on it. I agree with Jerry, that it will never get boring, it's a time-waster, a fun one at that.

I play the mod of the game Project M. I feel that is much better than the original.