Is anyone else getting tired of farming games?

Mackmax

Registered
Jan 2, 2015
I find the farming games very repetitive and annoying. Not just farming games, but games such as Simpsons: Tapped out as well, since you plant a house and have to wait for it to be built.
Tapped Out, Zombie Farm, etc. They're all the same to me. They're fun for the first few plays, but after a while, they get boring.

Yes. And I agree, farming games do get repetitive after a while, and these developers think we love farming games (some people do love farming games, actually because it's so relaxing or whatever), but some of us don't. They just get boring, and I agree with your opinion.
Also, I don't think it's just farming games, it's with all these Clash of Clans remakes under a different name and all that, they're all the same thing, but under a different name and/or genre. They get boring after a while of playing it, there's really no point in playing mobile games nowadays, since they're all so similar and repetitive.

Oh yeah. I quit Farmville about a year ago because it felt more like a job than a fun game. I have no idea why they added about 5-6 farms to the original game, it just made it more work than entertaining. I tried Farmville 2 for about a day, but it was just the same thing with a little better graphics. There are also a slew of imitators out there, like we need more, boring games?

I never liked farming games but I did like Smurfs Village. I don't play it anymore though sadly because I'm bitter that I lost all the smurfs I had on the island and never got them back. I wish I didn't have to be that way because it's one of the few games that I have that doesn't need internet to play.

I get tired of a lot of games that are repetitive, but sometimes the repetition is the point so I roll with it. I play Hay Day to pass the time and/or set a goal for myself to see if I can complete it. It's a nice, numbing way to pass the time and it ends up relaxing me because I can focus simply on trying to do the goals I set out for myself and know that there aren't any real-life consequences if I do so.

When I get tired of it, I stop with the knowledge that it will be the same if I ever start up again. I kind of like that constancy hahaha.

Some of the classic farming games are still great, although most games coming out now in that particular genre are terrible. Obviously, everyone wanted to capitalize on the success of those first few games, and they muddled the genre into a bunch of monotony and disappointment. It happens with every other genre of mobile games, too.

It's not quite a farming game, but I've been playing the Kim Kardashian game a lot lately. It has all the same repetitive clicking motions and the endless waiting for energy as is in those games, but it's so vapid and mindless that it's become entertaining to me.

Farming games? As in games where you manage a farm like Farmville? Yep, I'm waaay over those types of games. However, I still play some games that need "farming" or gathering resources namely Clash of Kings and Clash of Clans. It's fun to play both these games though because there's combat involved too and you can battle other players. Regular farming games no longer catch my attention.

To be honest, those can't really be called games. Those are distractions for either young kids or busy adults. There is no "gameplay" per se, only In-App Purchases so you can get more "premium" currency, which you can use to buy one more silo/ one more office building...

It's a disgusting practice, which unfortunately is very popular these days.

Farming "games" were popular some x years ago. Now less people are playing them, just because they are tired of doing all the same and every farm-game. It's boring, boring and boring. I have once played farm-game for like 1 month. Waste of time.

Yes! I am completely burnt out from those games... Mostly due to Clash of Clans. It got to the point where my builders were working on upgrades for 3 days!? And I wasn't even that far into the game. I can only imagine what the wait time is for higher levels. I don't think I will ever play another free to play, farming game again.

It does get a little repetitive, but sometimes they are great for a quick burst of fun while waiting for something. Have a five minute break in the middle of your day? Just pull out your mobile and start things building until your next break!

The genre is getting a bit saturated at this point, but if people are still shelling out the money companies have no incentive to stop making them!

It does seem like there are 101 farming games. That is how the market works though. There is one popular game concept and if it is successful, the copycats come out. Everybody wants a piece of the profit.

By "farm games" I do hope you mean games like Sim Farm and others, not the cash grabs that keep showing up lately. I'm getting pretty tired of those.

I don't play farming games except for farmville. The farming simulators are not attractive for me and so I don't play them. There have been a lot of farming simulators lately though so maybe people are playing them a lot hence the creation of more.

I downloaded and tried out both the Simpsons and Family Guy games and after tinkering with it for a few minutes and finding out what kind of a game it was I just immediately deleted them because I don't have the patience to push myself to get interested in it initially and I knew that once I did I'd probably just get addicted to it irrationally anyway so I thought it was best to just forget about the whole thing.

The first few farming games were great. One that I can remember is the classic Farmville. These games, I'll admit, could have gone places, but instead of innovation, other developers started copying the structure of the game, hoping to ride on the coat tails of the more popular / successful versions. This just means that we are left with a bloated market, full of basically the same game. This is what makes the game boring for me, the lack of FUN updates (because they did update, but more about how you can buy into the game and not adding new elements).

YES. There is way too many and they all do the same thing. They give you a little entertainment, then they end up taking your money with in-app purchases. Don't waste your time. It really isn't worth the time and money unless you just really like that type of thing.

I feel like they are games just to waste your time when you're waiting for the bus or in school. People like to see the progress they've made, and what better way to present that than a farm? But really, I do think they need to work on making them with a different theme.

I am not fed up, I play Hay Day but I am sick of so many being copies of Hay Day and Farmville, for me I love that Hay Day update their game a lot and there is often new exciting things to keep me hooked. It also has a lot more to it than many of the games that just have one order system there are several on Hay Day and you can pick and choose which you do more of without any impact on your playing. It really is up to you how you play it.