Is anybody playing Rift?

Zyni

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
I've heard that it's a lot like WoW. I've been a WoW fan for years, but I'm not as into it as I was.

I've been too busy to check Rift out, but I've been thinking about doing it. I might end my WoW subscription for good if I can find another game.

Anyone play this game hardcore? Do you basically need to log in everyday or is it more take it/leave it than WoW?

It's pretty much like WoW with their own draw; The rifts. They spawn in real-time as your doing normal journal or questlog missions. Sometimes you don't even need to do quests or mainline story - I max'd a character out by jumping rift to rift as they opened. Even sometimes there are "META" events in which nearly the entire server goes and fights a raid-rift.

It's about as hardcore as WoW; has scripted instances, crafts, etc. However, it offers a nice new twist and decent lore as far as RPG games go. I actually liked reading their story.

It's no different truly, than WoW. It just looks graphically different and has a new spin on things. Same genre, same result - only more fun to play. And I religiously played WoW up to the Lich King (never played Lich King, left after BC) but I spent nearly 500 hours raiding in WoW and I can say about an equal time raiding in this game.

Reactions: Zyni
The problem with Rift is that it was a WOW-clone without really a lot new to offer. A lot of people played it because it was new.... and then.. newer WOW-clones came on the scene. They are all good games, and all have a few new features that makes them worth playing, but it doesn´t take long until you realize they are just a less polished and less rich version of WOW. There are wow-clone locusts who will just keep jumping from the next new wow-clone.. but they leave the old game barren.

Thanks, guys, good to know. I do like the way it looks, but graphics aren't the most important part for me. The gameplay comes first. I like some challenge.

How is the PvP?

I really liked their pvp, and I played on a pvp server. Some may disagree, but it was no different really. Arenas. Battlegrounds. I'm sure they added more since I left, which was before the first expansion. I played up until their "vanilla" endgame boss, the Dragon "Greenscale" in his raid was fun. There were also several smaller raid rifts you could do with your guild. They each posed a fun level of interaction.

Open world pvp was decently done, but most of the good pvp is just ike wow - arenas and bgs.

Ok thanks for letting me know. I miss good world PvP. It would be fun to do some again. I also like arenas and battlegrounds. Do they have anything similar to WoW's rated battlegrounds? Do they have arena seasons/competitions? WoW's arena ladders are notorious for cheaters.