In-Game Purchases

I have purchased different mobile games in the past like Virtua Tennis and Real Boxing. However, I haven't tried purchasing in-game items and gold. Though I'm a bit tempted at the moment to buy a package of gold and items and resources from Clash of Kings because the game is so addictive. But, I'm trying to control myself at the moment. I'm farming like crazy and trying to level up without using real cash...

Valkyrie Crusade is a nice freemium game. They give out freebies a lot, and free players still get in the rankings. For the iOS, released last year I think. And those graphics...
Those shiny, shiny graphics. /shameless advertisement
On the topic of IAPs though, they're a leg up in games for people who have a leg up in life. It's only fair that they spend their money if they want to, that's what supports the game developers.

I make it a personal commitment not to buy in game purchases. I refuse to throw money down the drain for something that usually just takes a little extra effort or waiting time. It's a shame that so many games resort to this instead of just having an upfront price for access to all of the game's content.

Many games on the smartphone market offer a "freemium" sales strategy where you play through your favorite games without having to pay for an upfront price however companies replace the app price with in-game transactions. While most freemium games allow the players to get fairly far without purchasing any items or boosts, some games are programmed to difficult to progress without buying in-game goods.

While it may take the player awhile to reach a certain amount of in-game cash or items, hard work is often needed to get far in these games without paying real money. My question to you guys is do you ever buy any in-game purchases?
I have never ever bought any in-game purchases and I don't think it's fair that some games prevent you from getting further without doing so. If you can still finish the game without them and yet they come in useful then I may be tempted but when a game tries to force you into doing so, that's different. I think it's actually quite a sneaky way of doing things - imagine a child playing on a device which is tied to their parent's bank account (some devices require this before you can download apps). The child might then choose the in-game purchases without even realizing it's costing their parents money and their parents end up with a drained bank account!

I do in some games if they are not massively expensive, I play hayday a lot and they actually are very generous with the amount of gems (their in app item) that you get just through game play and you really can get along fine without buying any if you do not want to. They are also not that expensive if you do want to and I think that because I do not feel they are being greedy with them that I have bought some now and again when I have wanted too. On apps where they almost make it that you need to buy them to move ahead with the game I usually refuse to and end up usually giving up with the game as a result.

No. Never. I HATE in-game purchases, because they play on your competitiveness and frustration from wanting to beat the game. You'd be buying something that's inherently worthless