I think it's time for a new Killer Instinct

Super Mario

Registered
Apr 20, 2006
Medford, Oregon
I've always loved the KI games, even the crappy KI Gold for N64. Maybe it's pulling off those insane combos, I don't know. However, I've been thinking, it has been a long time since we've seen a new game in this series, unless I'm missing out on something that hit the arcade anytime recently. Anyway, are there any fans of these games that would like to see a new one? I'm not really sure who owns the rights to the game, Midway maybe?

Rare owns the right to it, I believe, so it would come out on the 360. But indeed, it would be awesome to have a new one. KI Gold was pretty bad, though. I remember pinning somebody into the corner and getting a 50+ hit juggle combo.

No They should not make another KI game. It seems to me that Rare just cant make a good game not under the Nintendo Shadow. Everthing that they have mad has been sub par at best. But bring the game out on XBL would be great. that they should do.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
No They should not make another KI game. It seems to me that Rare just cant make a good game not under the Nintendo Shadow. Everthing that they have mad has been sub par at best. But bring the game out on XBL would be great. that they should do.

My feelings exactly, I use to love rare but something has happened to them in the past years. It would seem like it was since they moved to Microsoft but then I remeber SFA : /

Well, Rare's had ome difficulty as of late because of some staff problems, where they've had recent exoduses to other companies. It's just one of those things that happens with games sometimes.

it'd be nice if they made a remake of the first game with 360 graphics. i didn't like KI2 and all the newer ones because they changed orchid's moves

"ULTRA COOMBOOOOO!"

Killer Instinct on SNES and N64 were some of the best fighting games ever. Because I am not a hardcore fighting game fan, I still loved KI cuz it was so easy to pull off 20 hit combos. Button mashing has never been so fun.

If Rare would make another KI, it would come out on 360 as Microsoft has the rights to Rare. Online play would be the only way to go.

anyone play SabreWulf for GBA? That was a slight spin-off from the SabreWulf character in the KI games.