I sold my book!!!

ImagoX

PC Editor
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
www.freakygamer.com
Good news (for me, anyway). :cookiemon

Some of you may know that besides the occasional venom-filled editorial or sarcasm-laced review, I also write novels. For the past four years or so, I've been working on a manuscript for a trilogy of Urban Fantasy stories set in present-day Chicago. Unfortunately, that being my first manuscript, it was WAY too long for a first novel and I put it aside until I can muster the energy to do a full re-write.

But I didn't give up.., Instead, I took 11 months and wrote a NEW book, a straight fantasy, and last month I showed it to an editor from Juno Books I met at a writer's convention. Long story short, she read my first 3 chapters and synopsis, asked afterwards for the entire thing and last week she sent me a contract to sign...

I'm going pro and will hit the stands in October-ish of 2007, just in time for next Xmas. Juno's a new imprint, but they have a retail deal with places like Barnes and Noble and Borders, so I'm really hopeful the book will do well.

OK, carry on citizens... Just wanted to blow my own horn for a sec and hopefully explain to the Management why I've been sort of slacking around here for the past few weeks... :cookiemon

Congrats man!.........Now, get back to work!....No, really ImagoX, we couldn't be happier for you and your new novel........Let us know the name and we'll muster up some press for you when it gets released!...Great Job!

Awesome. Good deal, literally. Now, it's time for Alex, Katie, Basil, and a few others to step it up!

As far as management goes, word around town is that we're under new management. WB.

The Editor likes "Blood Magic Book One: The Ballad of Kirin Widowmaker", but I'm told that might change over time.

Personaly, *I'm* all for ANY title that implies a sequel. :cookiemon

Awesome! Now the rest of us wannabe writers can ride your coattails into glory! Riiiiiight. Can't wait to read it (I have a B&N nearby, so I'll go score a copy). You inspire us all.

Great job! I seriously admire your skills and dedication. (I didn't even participate in NaNoWriMo this year XD) There's a B&N and Borders within walking distance of each other where I live, so I'll be sure to pick up a copy. Congrats!

Congratulations...hope to see a copy on the shelves of my local B&N soon! Just one promise...if you do write sequels, don't make us wait forever and drag a story along for decades like Robert Jordan or (seemingly now) George R. R. Martin. Heh.

Jordan's got a terminal illness, actually, so I can forgive him... last I heard he was scrambling to get as much done on the Wheel of Time series as he can before, well...

Martin, though... he's just making us all suffer. His next Game of Thrones book was due like TWO YEARS AGO I think.... :cookiemon

Oh wow - that is so great! Congratulations! Now I know who to bug for advice when I finish my rough draft. Sorry, but your success has turned you into a target.

Oops... I'm a month late in congratulating you. But congratulations none-the-less! It gives me some hope for my dreams of game development.

Hey way to go! That's really awesome! I have renewed hope. Be sure to let us know when it's in stores. I'll be buying one for sure!

Make sure you get yourself an agent now if you don't already have one.

Actually, I went it on my own... I got them to double my advance and up my royalties, and since I look at 50-60 page contracts all the time at my work, the 5 page publisyhing contract they sent me seemed simple. Why pay 15% of my money for something I can do myself?

Now watch - I'll get screwed now because of something I missed... But I don't think so. :cookiemon

The book is slated for a Fall 2007 release.