I hate this...

spudlyff8fan

Super Senior Staff
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
somewhere
So I'm up at 3:55 AM watching G4 because I slept for a few hours earlier today and am not tired yet...but I see one of those GARBAGE celebrity gatherings for the PS3s launch and all I see is FRICKIN LINDSAY LOHAN GETS A FREE PS3 BUT I DON'T! This garbage happened with the 360, too, but I'm frickin' tired of this crap.

If you had a body like hers, you would get one too, lil' tater. You don't have the breasts of power or rump of enchantment. I'd give her one too if she'd come hang out with me for a while. Wait, I'm married. Oh well. I guess I'd have to hock it on ebay.

Umm Spud I feel you on that. But she got 3 free PS3's. All the celebs there got 3 systems, and a bunch of games. This is why I need to be famous. Not rich just famous, because famous people get free stuff in turn keeps them rich.

yea i hate how celebs get the systems while the regualr people have to wait, but hey lindsey has a nice rack.

Yeah, it's a really backwards system. Once you get famous (and rich), you don't have to spend that wellspring of cash on things you always wanted because you get it for free.

Yeah, I agree. So stupid. What's the fucking point of putting Lindsey Lohan and people like Paris Hilton there? Probably STD-infested skanks.

I have difficulty seeing how giving celebrities who aren't close to the gaming market free consoles is good advertising, when the demographics those celebrities generally involve are averse to video games. Is it really just for the impusle purchase of "So-and-so has it, so should I!"?

Of course, I have difficulty seeing how people can be so stupid as to idolize and mimic dead-eyed puppet girls who dance and sing and try to tell us about how "real" they live with their veneers and agent-engineered relationships.

Preach it brother. At least it will sit a pile of all of her other free stuff.

The point of giving it to the specific celebrities has little to do with the celebrity's relationship to the gaming world and everything to do with that superstar's audience. It's the "be like Mike" mentality. If kids are willing to fork out hundreds of bucks on ugly shoes sported by some NBA player who is on parole for sexual assault, they will slam down a handful of Benjamins for the machine they play.