I got a 360!

Good game choice. I got Dead Rising too and it kept me up til 4 AM a couple times too. Just a random tip:

Don't feel bad if somebody dies and don't feel compelled to restart to save them.

My girlfriend and her brother got one, and Dead Rising, but they're subject to a bug that means Dead Rising overheats and crashes the X360 regularly. Before Microsoft is willing to do anything about it, I have some eleven strange solutions to test. Frustrating to think that a game can crash the machine simply by trying to push all of it's cores to the edge... I guess late generation games may be capped in quality without improvement to cooling.

Do those cooling bases I've seen help at all? There are several different brands that make them, so when I see something like that I start to wonder if it's more than just a gimmick.

Thanks!

The way they hook into your 360 often makes it so that the power has to travel through it, then to the 360...so I would think that's the problem, not the actual fan. Not sure, though.

But my 360 hasn't given me any over-heating issues ever. And the only game that tends to crash is Madden.

The best thing to do is to just not put crap around it. I keep mine out on a little table and it gets plenty of air flow. I can play it for hours on end and it never overheat.

Are your 360s REALLY loud? I can hear the disc spinning in mine from across the room. I have mine flat, not vertical... Are they quieter when set on end, perhaps? It's the only thing I'm disliking about the thing so far....

Mine is sometimes. Some games are louder than others. For me, Madden and Dead Rising are the loudest, while Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell are my quietest.

same here. sometimes it gets louder than others. I have mine flat as well, but didn't notice a significant difference when I had it vertical