I don't understand women.

Maverick

I'm A Pimp, Bitch
Registered
Jul 10, 2005
The Steel City
www.myspace.com
Hopefully you guys (and girls) can help me out. A while ago this girl started to work at my job. She's really pretty and right away she started smiling at me and saying hi when she passed me by. I'm thinking wow this chick seems like she likes me, but I was too nervous to ask her out. So, for about 2 weeks or so we just continue to smile at each other and junk. By this time I almost have the courage to ask her out to a movie or whatever, but I'm not quite there yet. One day she sees me in the parking lot and she almost yells out my name to get my attention. I had somewhere to go so I couldn't stay and talk, but I was thinking "Okay she definitely must like me if she's yelling out my name just to say what's up."

The next day I get to work and she ignores me. She totally acts like I don't exist. So I figure we've been looking at each other for weeks now, maybe I missed my chance with her. Maybe the parking lot was my last chance to man up. So I thought if she wants to ignore me then fine, there's nothing I can really do about that. But then about a week later she comes up to me and asks me why I don't say anything to her anymore. She started ignoring me and then asks me why I don't talk to her?! Then the next day she continues to play me off again. I don't understand this at all. She's sending me mixed signals (or was sending them).

There's more to the story but these are the key points. What was I supposed to do? If she's ignoring me then I figured I should just leave her alone. Should I have tried to talk to her anyway? Is it too late to do anything now?

Start talking to her again! Simple as that.

One thing, though. You seem to have forgotten. ALL FEMALES ARE FRICKIN CRAZY. They'll say and do things for no apparent reason ALL the time.

This is my "No-Fail, No-Pressure Plan..."

Just ask her if she wants to grab lunch sometime (ask before 10am), it's not like jumping off a cliff as in asking her out on a date before you even know anything about her...

If she say, "yes", she just might be interested in ya... if you get a, "not today", she may just be busy at work that day or had other plans, so try again in 2 to 3 days...

Make sure when you grab lunch that you leave the work enviroment, even if its outside the building on a park bench, this will relax you enough to just be yourself...

If the lunch work well, try it again or move up to grab'n a sub at a local take-out...

The one key if things are looking good for the both of you... Don't drag your feet on asking her out on a date (or my favorite, "You should let me make you dinner sometime.."), this time really varies, so just go with your heart on this one...

And remember, dating at work can be a joy, but remember too, it can be hell too after a bad breakup too....

Best of luck ,

Thanks guys, I'll try to talk to her the next time I see her. I'll tell you all what happens when I get back from vacation. I don't necessarily believe in relationships at work, but I think she's so pretty that I don't think I could forgive myself for not trying.

spudlyff8fan said:
And your avvy, Mav, is Garuda from SFEX, right?

Yup. He's not the best fighter, but I love his character design. He looks totally badass.

Yeah, Garuda is my fav character. Especially in EX2 when he had that 3 move special.

Unfortunately thats all I have to contribute to this thread...

...Except I guess you could explain to her that you couldnt stay and talk that time...whatever...

Last edited:
Yeah! only in this place can a thread start off by asking for advice on women and end with a conversation on Street Fighter Ex! And that fellow posters is why many of us (looking at you spud and katie) don't get laid!

I'm engaged, you idiot! I get laid all the time! Entire weekends of nothing but sex and World of Warcraft! Nerd girls get plenty of action, since we are so few in number.

kurruption said:
Yeah! only in this place can a thread start off by asking for advice on women and end with a conversation on Street Fighter Ex! And that fellow posters is why many of us (looking at you spud and katie) don't get laid!

Absolutely hilarious, Kurrup.

Mav, you want some advice? Even though Asylum is the master at snagging a girl at work (he's married to one), I have a little experience myself. She was obviously disappointed when you didn't come running up to her when she ignored you. It was a power play on her part. You just didn't play along (not out of knowing the game, just out of giving up). You are on her radar, so the hardest part is over. Now give her a little attention, but don't beg for just any scrap of attention she might toss you. Be charming and show your best side.

But truthfully, as many ladies that I managed to woo it's nothing compared to Asylum. He filled plenty of belts with notches. Of course half of his were not what can be called "ladies"....

Oh please, Spuds, you're not one to talk. You're going to a 37 year old virgin. Then sone poor woman will finally take pity on you.

kwilson said:
Oh please, Spuds, you're not one to talk. You're going to a 37 year old virgin. Then sone poor woman will finally take pity on you.
Now, now. No need to take excerpts from your autobiography.

Now now spuds lets not bash katie for the fact that she's an old virgen, she's just saving herself for the right person, just like you........you know, thinking about it you two should probably hook up and knock boots cause the right person might not come along for a while! Just close your eyes and imagine it's someone else, knowing spuds he'll probably imagine katies chun li or cammy! knowing katie she'll picture spuds as wijg or kurruption, dirty dirty girl!

kwilson said:
OH SNAP!!!!!