How often do you upgrade your system?

I upgrade ever 3-4 years. Usually because that's about the time my PC starts falling apart and it's cheaper to buy a new PC than to replace parts. Also 3-4 years is around the time it takes for my hardware to become obsolete. I usually get the mid-range hardware so in 3-4 years I can easily upgrade to another mid-range PC affordably.

I think it's pretty great that we do have some knowledge to upgrade our machines, some people simply get new ones without need. ;)

I think 3-4 years would be the optimal timeframe between updates, considering we don't have unlimited budgets. A GOOD gaming system should last at least that long without deteriorating too badly. My mum, who admittedly isn't a gamer, has had her laptop for like 5 years and it's still going ok.

I upgrade my system once every year or so if significant technological improvements have been made, however, my current system is from 2014 and I haven't found it necessary to upgrade it aside from perhaps a bigger SSD, regardless, I doubt ill make any real upgrade for atleast another year, it's too up to dat.e

I just upgrade whenever I have some money and my system can't handle the new games anymore. I don't really need to play on ultra, so it usually is like 2-3 years at least.

Yep, if we do have a good machine we don't need to upgrade it that often, but at the most 2-3 years we need to upgrade it because games require more.

I upgrade my entire rig about every 5 years or so. I've only done it twice. It may seem like a long time but that's because I futureproof my rig when I'm upgrading. This means buying components which have a lot of power and a lot of compatibility so that it still performs well with games that come out down the road.

I rarely see the need to upgrade my system, given that I am a PC gamer. The rig that I am currently gaming on is upwards of three years old, and it is running games completely fine without any hiccups. It is running a evga gtx570 and an intel i5 2500k. That was a really standard solid pc build when I was building it, and it has always exceed my expectations. However, I am planning on building a new gaming rig in the near future, hopefully with dual monitors this time.

I keep my machines until they are run into the ground. I tend to build a new one every 3 years or so and use the older ones for little projects here and there. Often i'll take a few of the parts from a machine to put into the new build and replace them with something cheap. The PSU i'm currently using much be a few machines old by now.

I have a laptop which at the time I bought it had a kick ass configuration and it could possibly run any game, but this was more than four years ago. I am planning to buy a new laptop but I sincerely believe the configuration will not suffice after a couple of years down the line based on my past experiences.

Recently I upgraded my rig. My recent specs are:
i5 4670k
8gb ddr3
GTX 750 Ti
GA z97m d3h

then I upgraded to my new rig:

Ryzen 5 2600x
8Ggb ddr4 3200mhz
GTX 1070 Ti
MSI B450M pro m2.

I upgrade rig every 2 years. But my last rig was is still good for latest games like online games, fps game. I didn't know why I upgrade and my new rig costs 1,100$. But I only play online games. But sometimes I play AAA games like GTA V, Rise Of the Tomb Raider, COD, Battlefield and the new Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

I only upgrade when my current PC setup breaks down. Usually my PC rig lasts for 5 years, currently my machine is in its third year. When that time comes that I need to replace my computer, I hope to add more memory and use an SSD card to store my operating system.

I don't upgrade on a regular basis, more when I need something or a new game I want to play has higher requirements or something like that. I just got a new video card not too long ago, since mine blew up during a huge power spike. I have a decent system, not high end or anything. Just wondering do other gamers tend to upgrade frequently?
As for my video games consoles, I upgrade whenever there's a new good console just like we have now with Playstation 5. I had to let go of my Playstation 4 and get the latest.

As for my smartphone, I upgrade every two years to the latest version.

For my PC, I upgrade every 5 years.

I don't have any specific time when I upgrade my system. Whenever there's a new update available, I will make sure to upgrade immediately because I like getting used to new updates as soon as possible.

I wouldn't say that I upgrade my system too often at all and only seem to do it if I know I do need to upgrade.

My last gaming desktop PC lasted me just over 5 years before I had to upgrade which I believe is a good age for a desktop PC.