how much memory...

Grantastic75

Registered
Jan 18, 2006
how much memory should i have for WOW, i only have 40% free, but thats because i got a hamey down computar, but i should be getting more when i deleat all this stupid picture programs. but really i know its a big game, so how much memory should i have free for it?

Harddrive space or RAM?

I assume you mean harddrive space.

Here are the WOW System Specs:

Processor: 800MHz or higher CPU.
RAM: 256Mb or more.
Video: GeForce 2 or better
Hard Drive Space: 3Gb or more available.
DirectX 9.0 or above.

For Mac users:
Operating System: MacOS X 10.3 (Panther) or better.
Processor:1.0GHz or higher G4 or G5.
RAM: 512Mb or higher, DDR RAM recommended.
Video: ATI or NVIDIA video hardware with 64Mb VRAM or more.
Hard Drive Space: 3Gb or more available.

Honestly I would suggest about a gig of Ram and having at least a 256mb Video Card. I got WOW to run on my girlfriend's PC with 512mb Ram and a 128mb Radeon 9600pro but it is WAY jumpy in largly populated areas. It still works but raids, main cities and huge instances giver her some trouble.

Good Luck.

thanks for the info, ill try my luck with the computar in my room, but if it starts to get bad for me, ill move it to my middle floor, where my good computar is. but until next year when i hopefully get a labtop for my B-day and highschool. im stuck with my hamey down.

IMO.....The Ram is more crucial than most of the other stuff.....I've been able to play many of the high-end games on a shitty computer with good ram and a halfway decent videocard....but i also tweaked those CPU's to the max

asylum_boy said:
IMO.....The Ram is more crucial than most of the other stuff.....I've been able to play many of the high-end games on a shitty computer with good ram and a halfway decent videocard....but i also tweaked those CPU's to the max
So true... Ram is the major key and a decent video card helps too...

I've overclocked only one system in my life, works great once I got past all the heat problems...

If I ever decide to boost one again, I'm going to buy a kit, with the overclock socket, oversized heatsink, and huge fan... It will be a big time saver too...

Peace,