How many years left on the 3DS cycle?

Boxcube

Registered
Jan 18, 2015
Launched in 2011 and here we are coming up on its 4th anniversary. How many years does it have left? I think maybe 2 years top. I believe the new 3DS is the last hurrah for this generation. It has been a fun ride!

I'll give it three more years. Handheld gaming has a place in the world, even with mobile gaming on smartphones and tablets. Nintendo basically pioneered the industry of handhelds, so the company could come up with another handheld device for gaming. We'll find out soon enough, especially since Nintendo is looking to release games on mobile platforms through emulation software.

Nintendo's handheld devices will probably last another 4 years or so. The 3DS itself is already on the way out with the New 3DS having exclusive games and continuing to have exclusive games. If the New 3DS sells close to the old 3DS then we're looking at a lot more Nintendo in our future.

I think it'll last a couple of more years like everyone else has already said before me, but I don't think that the handheld systems from Nintendo are on their way out. There are still plenty of people who use them and love them, and I think that people would respond positively to a new type of handheld from Nintendo sometime in the near future.