How many Cars have you owned so far?

DTSupra30

Registered
Jan 12, 2006
Long Valley
This is just a thread to say what cars you have owned, and what car you a currently drivng, also please post if you are a gear head, i love cars!! anyone else out there also?

Cars in order from earliest to latest

1988 Toyota Supra Non Turbo Automatic
1987 Toyota Supra Turbo 5 speed
1994 Hyundai Excel
1995 Toyota Supra 5 speed Hardtop
1995 Jeep Wrangler
and now the Supra has twin turbos :)

Whats everyone else driving around in

Matt

previously owned:

1982 Toyota pickup (I thought it was indestructible until a semi proved me wrong)
1989 aries (to get me by after the pickup was destroyed)
1989? Bronco II.
1946 Ford pickup with a slightly different engine than its original. A 350 Windsor with performance headers, carb, and exhaust. I was in the process of fixing it up when I sold it to my dad.
2000 chevy prism. It'll do.

1983.5 pontiac parisian brougham station wagon
1986 plymouth colt 5 speed, turbo
1993 plymouth laser 5 speed, 2.0
1987 chrysler conquest 5 speed, turbo
1988 chrysler conquest 5 speed, turbo
1989 mitsubishi starion (same thing) 5 speed, turbo
1993 plymouth laser (again) 5 speed, 2.0

Last edited:
2006 Kia Rio 5

I have only had a liscense since June. This is my first car and i bought it about a month and a half ago. It is not fast... it was cheap. My future car is going to be a VW... not sure what model... it may not even exist yet!

BC, my brother had a scirrocco for years. It was the sportier one, though. It had the 4 cylinder, dual overhead cam engine that had been modified slightly. The previous owner raced it in class races and had put a special suspension and wheels on it. That thing would fly.

There is no shame in this defeat. My entire family is nuts about cars. We have an old Model B Ford, 2 Miatas (also used to have 2 RX-7s until Mom destroyed the engine on hers), a couple of Zs, a Karmann Ghia, a cherry picker (you know the trucks for fixing telephone lines and the like), a Dodge Dakota, and a sedan that can actually fit the whole family.

Bear in mind that only about half of these cars actually run, after my dad retires there's a shot that they will all run.

Darth_Jonas said:
BC, my brother had a scirrocco for years. It was the sportier one, though. It had the 4 cylinder, dual overhead cam engine that had been modified slightly. The previous owner raced it in class races and had put a special suspension and wheels on it. That thing would fly.

The 16 valve. They only made them in 1987/1988.

Yeha I autocrossed mine once shortly after I got it, and it was loads of fun... it's a small light car (weighs more than 1000lbs less than a new Honda Accord, for example), and it actually likes to turn for being front wheel drive. I'll probably be getting another car this year, but I havethe choice of keeping the Scirocco or getting rid of it. If I keep it, I might put a newer VW engine in it that will bring it up to the same power level as the 16v, but with a better bottom end.

Katie, if your dad ever wants to get rid of that Ghia, let me know. I've been looking for a decent aircooled project for years...

LOL good thread guys, but yea come spring im autocrossing the supra, and again correct me if im wrong idk how a miata or a rx7 beat a 1995 supra twin turbo? They are both good cars in the own respect, but nothing compares to the beatuy, power, and modability of the toyota supra, and this is my baby :)

thebestpicinhurr.jpg

Matt

1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo 6.6 15.2
1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 5.1 13.5

ok so the supra wins by 2.3 seconds. but the supra is also considerably newer than the mazda. in my mind, the rx-7 is more impressive for it's history in street racing.

i couldnt find a 1987 listing for the toyota supra. but here are the surrounding year's record times
1986 Toyota Supra 7.0 15.4
1988 Toyota Supra 7.9 16.0

so the RX-7 is the winner in 1987 =)

P.S. the first number is 0-60, second is 1/4 mile time btw