How fast do your kids abandon a console?

primalclaws1974

Registered
Dec 2, 2014
My son is nine. He goes through consoles like T.P. I am not rich, so he gets the older consoles first. He had a used X Box and about 40 games given to him all at once. He played them two months before going to something else. The next time around he got a PS2 with a dozen or so games. He played that about six months before deciding it wasn't exciting enough. He begged me for a Wii around this time. I finally relented and bought it (new) with a few games. He played it pretty good for awhile, so I got him some more games, and then still more. Then out of the blue he dropped it like it was hot. Now he's into his laptop. He wants an X Box 360 or One, but I have decided no more money for consoles. Anything like this happen to you?

I played a lot on my PS2 as a kid, I can't imagine ditching it just after six months. Nowadays though with the advent of PC gaming, Steam etc. I sticking to PC for gaming. There's no need to buy a new console every few years so long as your PC specs are good, and digital PC games tend to be cheaper than console ones as well!

My nephew has been playing on the ps3 for years now without tiring of it. Although, he usually plays it in phases, interchanging with other devices like laptops and tablets. I guess the abundance of his gaming tools has made him less likely to ask for the next gen console immediately which we aren't planning to buy for him until way later on.

Reactions: primalclaws1974
Maybe the problem lies in the fact he got old consoles when something newer was already out? He was pretty small when he got his first console, however. But commercials are geared to kids, and they understand, even at a young age what is being directed at them. I honestly don't see a greater gameplay experience between PS3 and PS4, and would not pay the difference merely because the PS4 is newer. I guess I am "abusing" my son, but I am not made of money.

My son is nine. He goes through consoles like T.P. I am not rich, so he gets the older consoles first. He had a used X Box and about 40 games given to him all at once. He played them two months before going to something else. The next time around he got a PS2 with a dozen or so games. He played that about six months before deciding it wasn't exciting enough. He begged me for a Wii around this time. I finally relented and bought it (new) with a few games. He played it pretty good for awhile, so I got him some more games, and then still more. Then out of the blue he dropped it like it was hot. Now he's into his laptop. He wants an X Box 360 or One, but I have decided no more money for consoles. Anything like this happen to you?
Kids get bored pretty fast with games and that's normal.As soon as a new console is launched or a new game is on offer,they drop everything else and insist on getting the new one.