How do you find new games?

Victoria Langley

Registered
Mar 8, 2015
I was sat searching on the Itunes app store last night, I fancy a new game to play. I normally go for time management, simulation or strategy style games and sort by the top rated. Now while I am finding some games I really enjoy this way, I feel there are so many more out there that do not have as many downloads or as many reviews that might be as amazing and I am missing them!

Does anyone have any good methods to seek out these little hidden gems?

Years ago I used to have an app that told me when games went on sale or free and I used to find some great games that way but somewhere along the line it got deleted and I can not remember what it was called. Does anyone know anymore like this?

Alternatively does anyone have any good suggestions for me to look at?

I keep a very limited library of games at any possible time period so that i don't find myself playing almost the entire time. One of my favourite games is Crossy Road. it is relatively new and fking addicting.

There was also this epic gamed called Zombination that I believe is new as well.

Well, I'm on Android and always have been so I'm not too familiar with the Apple app store. On Google Play I usually check out what's trending, what the most popular new apps are and which apps and games have been updated most recently. The problem is that there are always so many junk apps saturating the market. The one thing I do regularly is check out my favourite app developers to see if they've released anything new. My two favourite developers are probably Glu and Gameloft.

I sometimes browse Google App Store whenever I feel like downloading new games. I'm always on the look out for free ones since they are absolutely for free. This makes me save more money. ;) Sites or blogs that review games are also a good source.

Generally I will dig around through the Google Play store and sort through various filters, whether it be from most popular, highest rated or newest releases. Sometimes I will browse around the internet and look at various websites for articles such as best 50 games or such similar titles. Digital Trends recently published a list of their favorite 100 Android Games and so I went down the list and downloaded any game that I thought I might enjoy.

I have one of the most nerdy friends you could ever want. I tell him all the time to blog about the crazy garbage he finds. That's how I find cool mobile games. Which isn't going to help anyone else but maybe if I can convince him to blog it up.

Reactions: Victoria Langley
So mostly we all do it the same way digging through the top lists or via genre filters on the various stores!

I find that fairly interesting, I would have thought that there was some sort of site with top lists or items on sale out there.

Yes I see them on some blogs and forums as well, also on some review sites but often they are not for a genre I am interested in.

I am going to have to have a scan and see if there is any apps out there anymore for sale apps! If I find anything I will report back :)

I use those "download apps for gift card apps." I have found my last two addictions that way. Both games I played heavily for over a year.

I'm well-aware of the AAA titles that are currently out or are about to come out. For indie titles and non-AAA, I rely upon YouTube and some of the gaming sites. I never have trouble finding new games, but I'm always surprised at how great games can be when they come from unknown studios or random places.

Well I play Android games and I would just go to the Google Play store and see what is new. There are also some websites that may feature new releases so you may want to google them and see what you get. I think the app stores are the most reliable sources because you will see the apps.